Back from a nice holiday and itching to begin this here Ali cat :D

Digging out this gawa Tomcat out of the stash...

IMG_4632.jpg

And it came with loads of resin...yum-yum :D

IMG_4634.jpg

And I´ve spent today with cleaning and impaling parts according to my usual habits :P And with all this resin it took a while :P

IMG_4636.jpg

I´ll try priming tomorrow and start with the black preshade for the wqheel wells and cockpit!

CHeers!

clap2.gif:popcorn:

Think of all the models you missed out on building while you were selfishly going on vacation! How could you!?

Awesome to see you tackle this one, especially with all that aftermarket goodness! Got one in my stash that will eventually be loaded with AM as well, so watching with GREAT interest!

Welcome back!

clap2.gif:popcorn:

Think of all the models you missed out on building while you were selfishly going on vacation! How could you!?

Awesome to see you tackle this one, especially with all that aftermarket goodness! Got one in my stash that will eventually be loaded with AM as well, so watching with GREAT interest!

Welcome back!

LOL Thanx Brian :D

We´ll see how this cat´ll fly.....

Make sure you do not use the NACA style gun vents on the VF-154 box. You need the early ones.

Ah, well, there is a problem....I don´t have the right gun vents, there was only the NACA vents in the box....

I´ll cross that bridge when I get there...some how.

Janne the Impaler! :D can't wait to see some progress

Heheh, if you count primer as progress you´ll see some later today :P

Cheers!

Todays update :D

I begun with priming with Alclad grey primer...

IMG_4637.jpg

Then a flat black preshade to the cockpit and wheel well parts...

IMG_4638.jpg

I then dusted on some FS36375 light ghost grey in the pit, I´m not using the correct FS color since it would be way too dark on a black preshade.

IMG_4639.jpg

The details pop real nice :D

IMG_4641.jpg

And flat white ontop of the wheel well parts...

IMG_4643.jpg

Mmmm...just the way I want it.

IMG_4644.jpg

A group pic of todays progress!

IMG_4645.jpg

Next I´ll start detail painting the sitting well and bang seats!

Cheers!

Well now, I see you have hidden this build on us in-progress people :P Looks really awesome so far :worship: It's amazing how fast you work Janne... curious to see if you can get a good fit on the Aires tub... on second thoughts, you are building a Hase and not a HB, my bad. Good luck.

/Jesse

Edited by JesniF-16

You r by far the most organized modeler I've seen. Impressive.

Heh, yeah, sort of a habit I started after I worked professionally as a model builder...kinda makes the whole process of building a model smoother and quicker if everything is organized before I start. :D

Been doing the blacks for the cockpit today....all I had time for today :D

More details to follow but this is what it looks like now, got a hint from a figure painter of using retarder in my paint when I brushpaint small details and I have to say that it works really well. It means that you can use a small brush with a tiny ammount of paint and it won´t dry onto the brush!

IMG_4646.jpg

Thought I´d do a dry fit and that was smart since I ended up sanding and cutting a bit to make the rear IP fit.

IMG_4647.jpg

Cheers!

Well now, I see you have hidden this build on us in-progress people :P Looks really awesome so far :worship: It's amazing how fast you work Janne... curious to see if you can get a good fit on the Aires tub... on second thoughts, you are building a Hase and not a HB, my bad. Good luck.

/Jesse

Thanx for the encouragement, Jesse:-)

I'm not afraid of fit issues with the Aires parts, I don't Think a bit of tinkering with resin parts is something to frown upon. As long as am parts are lade from resin you sort of havet to count on fit issues duell to the inherit properties of the medium... Shrinkage is a big factor with curing resin and differs from batch to batch. No katter stat brand of resin am i'ge Always hade to tinker in some way to make it fit:-D

Nothing much happening to day really....

I painted the IP shrouds and some other cloth like details...

IMG_4649.jpg

Then I clear coated everything so I can do a little washing tomorrow :P

IMG_4650.jpg

Cheers!

A wee bit of progress today too :D Might be a bit longer until the next update though since my inlaws are coming for a visit.....

ANyways I got a little thin wash on...

the pit..

IMG_4651.jpg

Wheel wells...

IMG_4652.jpg

IMG_4653.jpg

Then a flat coat on top and it´s ready for some drybrushing followed by somemore further detail painting :D

IMG_4655.jpg

Cheers!

Sacred grass muncher...I´m home alone!!!!

My mother in law, gf and daughter are out shopping and I´m left all alone....Whoopie!!!!! :banana:

So I dry brushed some stuff :D

The seats after two sessions with first dark grey and then a somewhat lighter grey....some detail paintingleft to do only :D

IMG_4667.jpg

The tub after three rounds of drybrushing...I used the 3rd round with a very light grey and only drybrushed the grey surfaces and the buttons.

Ready for detail painting here as well :D

IMG_4673.jpg

IMG_4674.jpg

The IP shrouds... 3 rounds of dry brushing here as well, I used gray on top of the brown, looks a bit strong right now but it´ll look better when everything is in place :D

IMG_4675.jpg

The side walls...same here 3 rounds of drybrushing.

IMG_4677.jpg

Some detail painting to do and then we´ll see if I can´t start putting things together :D

Cheers!

So Janne, welcome back from your much needed vacation... :blink:

No sooner are you back and I see you are in the THICK of it ALL.. :unsure:

Good progress and surely the fastest builder if ever there was one. :OMG-OMG:

But I have been looking forward to this seeing it is MY FAVORITE Jet..

Impressive work so far and so far ahead too already...WOW !! :yahoo::clap2::punk::thumbsup2:

WAY TO GO Janne...

:punk:

Thanx Holmes and Seb :D

Heh, haven´t started building anything yet...still just painting :P

Yup, those armor guys sure knows some neat tricks, my cockpit painting is based on armor techniques.

To sum it up I make the cockpit in 9 stages:

1. Primer

2. preshade

3. light dusting of paint.

4. paint the blacks

5. clear coat

6. washes

7. drybrushing

8. detail painting

9. assembly