A lil´ update :D

Thought I´d statt making room for the IFR...

I masked off with dymo tape...

IMG_4680.jpg

Then I used my scriber to make deep marks along the panellines....

IMG_4681.jpg

And finally I used a hobby knife to cut through the last bit, of course I noticed that I had scribed a bit more than I should some super glue will take care of that and then I´ll make new panel lines.

IMG_4682.jpg

Back to the pit...

Detail painted :D

IMG_4683.jpg

IMG_4684.jpg

IMG_4685.jpg

Time to start some assembly soon, but I begin with a little dry fitting first...oh and then I have the bang seats left as well :D

It´s starting to look the piece at least :D

IMG_4686.jpg

IMG_4688.jpg

Cheers!

A mini update..

Glued on the IPs and some small details....

IMG_4694.jpg

Then the side walls (the striped are is to be removed to fit the IFR)

IMG_4696.jpg

And this is all the stuff I have to make room for some how ;/

IMG_4697.jpg

Cheers!

Another lil´step forward :D

Done the bang seats....

Here they are painted, washed, and drybrushed...

IMG_4698.jpg

And on with the PE...

IMG_4704.jpg

There... that´s all of the cockpit done, now it´s time for trickier stuff like making everything fit :P

Cheers!

Ok, Time to get my hands dirty, time to start construction!

First thing first, I have to begin with repairing a dodo I made earlier, I sanded off way too much from the edge of the cockpit in the nose section :/

I glued on a strip of thin plasticard... like so

IMG_4712-1.jpg

IMG_4713-1.jpg

Then I puttied the gaps and sanded smooth....there´ll still be gaps when I put the resin pit in place but at least they´ll be manageable :D

IMG_4714-1.jpg

I opened up the gun a bit with a round file...

IMG_4715-1.jpg

I had a vulcan nozzle in my spare part box...time to use it, a bit odd really that there isn´t any gun nozzles in the gawa box...oh well, there´s a reason why we have spare parts boxes :P

IMG_4718-1.jpg

Then some tricky business, I had to make room in the resin pit to fit against the IFR housing...it took me and The Dremel a while to get it right in fact. A fair bit of patience was needed for this....no rushing things.

Fit...sand...fit..sand untill you get it right.

IMG_4720-1.jpg

When I was satisfied I glued the IFR housing in place.

IMG_4723-1.jpg

Same thing with the pit, a bit of tinkering and then I glued it in place in one front fuselage half....A lil´bit broke off from the are behind the HUD projector lens and was sacrified to the carpet monster,

I can scratch a new part but it reminds me that since you handle the pit so much during the fitting it´s a good thing not to have glued the smallest pieces in place...they´ll break off and disapear :P

IMG_4725-1.jpg

Finally a dry fit with the fuselage halfs.....looks good, some small gaps b ut they´re easy to manage....

IMG_4726-1.jpg

The interesting bit will be fitting the nose wheel well in place before I close the fuselage.....

Cheers!

I have a little update for you today as well :D

First I got theese in my mailbox, correct weighted wheels :D

IMG_4729.jpg

Moving on to business...

I detail painted the nose wheelwell, not much needed to be done really but the few splashes of color do help.

flipped.jpg

IMG_4728.jpg

Then there just was that little issue of making it fit....

I had to remove a millimetre of the cokpit bottom, now in retrespect I should have done this before I glued the pit :P

IMG_4730.jpg

Oh well, after some hacking, sawing, tearing and sanding I finally made room for the well.

IMG_4731.jpg

And after I did a dry fit it seems to work...

IMG_4732.jpg

SO far so good, I suppose there might be some closing of fuselage part tomorrow ....

Cheers!

When I use resin cockpits, I usually do all the sanding and grinding first until I'm satisfied with the dryfit and only after that start painting. Guess I'm too affraid overhandling of the parts could ruin the paintwork and possibly break any smaller detail parts in the pit.

And today´s update...

Got a bit on the way with the building now :D

First I glued in the Vulcan nozzles into the gun port...

IMG_4734.jpg

Glued the fuselage halfs together without a hitch I might add :D

IMG_4735.jpg

Looks OK from below as well, the sparrow cradle part isn´t glued in, I still have some work to do before I glue that part in.

IMG_4736.jpg

A Master Pitot tube ended up at the nose tip ...

IMG_4738.jpg

The exhaust duct was painted in creamy white of my own mix....

IMG_4739.jpg

Added some streaks in black...

IMG_4740.jpg

AB rings where painted in Alclad exhaust.

IMG_4741.jpg

..And the fans in Alclad steel.

IMG_4742.jpg

Tonights final execise was to make room for the MLG bays.... I had to cut of a wee bit on each side of the belly fuselage half.

IMG_4743.jpg

And finally a little dryfit to make sure I´m on the right track :D I´ll have to add a bit of plasticard at the end of the bays to make a snug fit.

IMG_4744.jpg

There, some progress :D

Tomorrow it´s time to detail paint the MLG bays and deal with some gaps att the front end :D

Cheers!

Hmmm...not sure I´d go as far as calling this an update :P

I started ambitiously with the air ducts...

Cut the pieces from the sprue and did a once over with sanding paper...Yup there are injection marks left but they don´t matter when you do a pour and dump :D

IMG_4745.jpg

Glued them together...

IMG_4746.jpg

Sealed up one end...

IMG_4747.jpg

Put them on a stand and I was ready to start pouring!

IMG_4749.jpg

Well that was the plan and I was gonna dazzle you all withy the spectacular result of latex paint in air ducts.

Unfortunately my GF had used the paint to paint a bathroom cupboard and not sealed the can properly afterwards, so all my paint was dried up in the bottom of the can :/

Oh well, I thought I could start dremeling off some details in the fuselage to make the resin wheel wells fit in stead...

IMG_4750.jpg

Oh no, the noise was so loud it woke up my daughter....so no dremeling :/

I ended up doiung some painting in the MLG wells...

IMG_4751.jpg

A little progress is better than none...but I don´t think I got anywhere today :P

Cheers!

I actually just finished my intake but instead of sanding the pin marks i put putti and rub it off with nail polish remover. then a light 2000 grid did the rest!

i do sugest you place them into the inlets before poring your paint has the fit is not perfect and requires putti

I actually just finished my intake but instead of sanding the pin marks i put putti and rub it off with nail polish remover. then a light 2000 grid did the rest!

i do sugest you place them into the inlets before poring your paint has the fit is not perfect and requires putti

Didn´t think the fit was that bad... besides it would be awkward to pour and dump with the ducts in place in the intakes, and messy :P

Thanx for the input tho :D