Really

ive been doing this on at leat 5 different(Hasegawa,Revell, Classic Airframes) builds with no issues including my current build Hase F-14B

technique taken here

might be the type of remover used

Edited by Neo

Just to show I´ve done something :P

First round of putty, sanding and rescribing is done, now for those small cracks :D

IMG_4833.jpg

Didn´t like this tho.... paint is flaking in the wheel well :(

IMG_4834.jpg

The exhaust are done tho, treated them with a bit of aluminium powder and the tamyia metal weathering set and then sealed it with future/pledge.

IMG_4835.jpg

Cheers!

Nice progress

What are you planning for those gaps between the intakes and the wheel wells??

Ive got the same issue with the kit parts

Thanx Neo :D

Some plasticard should do the trick :D

Good work on the exhausts! What do you think caused the paint flaking?

Thanx Seb :D

Oh,me being sloppy of course...I didn´t wash the resin before I started priming :P

Hi Aigore,

shame about the quality of fit on the gun bays, you would think that something that simple they would have got right, especially with the standard of today's kits. Bad news about the paint in the wheel wells, I assume it will be a relatively simple fix?

Neo, Sebastijan;

it all depends on what type of nail polish remover you use. If it has acetone in it, it will 'melt' through the plastic. The majority of nail polish removers don't have acetone in these days. Which can be a pain to find, as I use the stuff with acetone in to remove the sticky goo left on your fingers after removing sticking plasters. As always it pays to check what's in the bottle!

Aigore,

Sorry to hijack your thread, but any chance you can have a quick look at my Viggen thread and let me have your thoughts on my planned modifications to the intakes?

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=252690

Thanks Al

Edited by Engineer66

Hi Aigore,

shame about the quality of fit on the gun bays, you would think that something that simple they would have got right, especially with the standard of today's kits. Bad news about the paint in the wheel wells, I assume it will be a relatively simple fix?

Neo, Sebastijan;

it all depends on what type of nail polish remover you use. If it has acetone in it, it will 'melt' through the plastic. The majority of nail polish removers don't have acetone in these days. Which can be a pain to find, as I use the stuff with acetone in to remove the sticky goo left on your fingers after removing sticking plasters. As always it pays to check what's in the bottle!

Aigore,

Sorry to hijack your thread, but any chance you can have a quick look at my Viggen thread and let me have your thoughts on my planned modifications to the intakes?

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=252690

Thanks Al

Hey Al

you actually suppose to use the one with acetone ! what reats the plastic it the putty. I did anoother section tonight and i diluted my putty more than usual with laquel thinner and this actually did the result mention .. i got a little plastic melt but this was due to to much thinner in my putty!

BTW Aigore those cans look amazing you can even see the styrene ring you added to make them fit !

Hey Aigore ive always wondered

why not install the canopy to pait it with the AC like the windshield? i see allot of people masking the pit like this is there a reason ?

Hey Aigore ive always wondered

why not install the canopy to pait it with the AC like the windshield? i see allot of people masking the pit like this is there a reason ?

I used to glue the canopy on during painting but I notced that it had to be a absolutely airtight seal or you got mist inside the canopy and it´s hard to get rid of.

If you´re modelling with a closed canopy you can glue the canopy into place and get that airtight seal but if you wan´t to be able to remove the canopy it´s hard to get it airtight.

Hence it´s easier to mask the cockpit and paint the canopy separately.

OK then, sanding and filling and scribing is done!

Time to get things ready for primer then:D

I glued on the exhausts, gonna have to mask those later...

IMG_4838.jpg

Even tho the front fuselage section is filled with heavy resin I still don´t take any chances for this to be a tail sitting cat...filled the nose cone with modelling clay.

IMG_4839.jpg

Well on with the nose, kept in place with ta pe while glueing it in place.

IMG_4840.jpg

Hmmm...looking ready?

IMG_4841.jpg

Nooo, almost forgot the shrouds that covers a bit of the exhausts! Gotta do some sanding and filling there...darn!

IMG_4842.jpg

Strangely enough I only got the Sidewinder BOL-rails with the kit so I had to dig out old style Sidewinder rails from the spare box.

IMG_4843.jpg

The stuff ready for primer impaled on toothpicks...

IMG_4844.jpg

Oh and the load out :D 2 Phoenix, 3 Sparrows and two winders :D

IMG_4845.jpg

There...

see ya´ll after primer :D

Cheers!

Where the 3rd sparrow going to be ??

I love your WIP im keeping 1 step behind to take your work and apply it to mine :P

Are you using the rubber tire plus metal hubs on this one??

Edited by Neo

Thanx guys :D

@Neo

Nope, I´m using weighted resin wheels :D

and like mawz said, in the tunnel between the engines..there´s only room for one sparrow when the front pohenix pallets are in place.

Noticed I had a few things to do before priming...like masking the wheel wells and stuff :D

Ok ok, just this update before painting I promise! :P

A couple of thin styrene strips, well what can you make out of them?

IMG_4847.jpg

Well, marking the foreplanes of course! I know they should really be quite flush with the wing glove but it was easier doing this than scribing :P

IMG_4848.jpg

Masked the exhausts...

IMG_4852.jpg

... the wheel wells..

IMG_4853.jpg

Not the intakes mind you :D

IMG_4854.jpg

Now then, everything is ready for primer! And I would have shot it now but my GF told me to wait until tomorrow when she isn´t sitting in the same room as me.

(we share the hobby room nowdays since we made a playroom out of the office)

IMG_4855.jpg

Cheers!

Ok, here we go!

Prime ris on and I´ve polished everything with 6000 grit Micro Mesh.

IMG_4856.jpg

looks like I´ve managed the troublespots :D

IMG_4857.jpg

IMG_4859.jpg

IMG_4858.jpg

A quick dryfit...

IMG_4860.jpg

There, next I´ll start the preshading :D

Cheers!

Paint!!!!

Yup, and I started with the mustard yellow, FS 30400.....

IMG_4865.jpg

IMG_4866.jpg

Then the brown, FS 30140...

IMG_4867.jpg

IMG_4868.jpg

IMG_4869.jpg

Now I´m a bit tired and loosing focus so I´ll paint the green and gray tomorrow :D

Only mishaps was that I initially followed the paint guide for the US Agressor cat...and that I mixed up the vertical stabs (got a 50-50 % chance to goof up and I took it :P)

NO worries though I have it under control :D

Cheers!

And the green is on,

I used Tamyia XF-61 for the dark green..didn´t think the FS 34079 from LC was dark enough.

IMG_4870.jpg

A bit of touching up and a quick dry fit :D

IMG_4871.jpg

IMG_4873.jpg

IMG_4877.jpg

I´ll be continuing touching up and then I´ll mask it with tack it for the underside grey :D

Cheers!