1/72 T-50 by hobbyboss~~

Ooh, I thought it was the Korean trainer...

Cheers,

Andre

Same here, a new PAK-FA isn't bad, but I would like a T-50 Golden Eagle.

Maybe Academy will release one soon.

Ooh, I thought it was the Korean trainer...

Cheers,

Andre

Yup, me too. Before clicking on the thread I was already thinking I'd rather buy an Academy T-50 trainer than a Hobbyboss one. Come to think of it, even when it comes to the Russian plane, I'd rather Academy do it. :P

There is already a Russian T-50 in 1/72 anyways.

There is already several Su-27's in 1/72, why is Zvezda making one? Because they can, and because there is yet for anyone to actually make an accurate one. Same with the Zvezda/Academy/Revell PAK FA, yes we have it, but accuracy wise it is about as good as Starfix Spitfire. :)

Indeed indeed, all obey one true scale. :D (Unless it is WW2 fighters... :whistle: )

Nah, all my WWII fighters are 1/72 also.

Only aircraft in my collection that aren't 1/72 are several airliners and large jet bombers/cargo aircraft. and even then, I have a few 1/72 B-52's and other large jet bombers in the collection.

My armor is mostly 1/72 also.

I do truly hail the one true scale. :D

Future releases like this make a whole lot of sense...

There are three flying prototypes with good decade to decade and a half between them and serial production ready pattern, which itself will probably undergo significant geometric changes before it goes serial. Now there are two kit makers offering it in 72nd (three actually if you count RoG packageing of Zvezda kit), a 72nd resin kit and a resin hulk in 48th...

Meanwhile, new tool kits of important Eastern School jets like MiG-25 or Su-17 are not even on the radar....

There are three flying prototypes with good decade to decade and a half between them and serial production ready pattern, which itself will probably undergo significant geometric changes before it goes serial.

We will see about the changes... I don't think we will see deep changes. PAK FA program is very different from ATF format.

Now there are two kit makers offering it in 72nd (three actually if you count RoG packageing of Zvezda kit), a 72nd resin kit and a resin hulk in 48th...

Four if you count Academy reboxing. But it is same kit, so it is silly to count them as separate. It is same bad kit no matter who or how many reboxes it. So with HB kit there will be two injection molded kits. Which isn't very different from F-22 pre new tool Revell kit. Or X-35/F-35.

But it is hard to disagree, for most people it would be favorable to see new tool kits of Su-17 and MiG-25. I don't mind any of the three. :)

• 1 month later...

Well well well. If this information is correct, and i dont have any reason to think it is not, then it looks we will have another PAK FA kit that is not accurate at all:

Full length: approx 30.7cm.

Full width: approx 20.5cm.

Over 90 parts.

Under the new development plan, called the fighter PAK-FA being pursued by the Russian Air Force, fighter jet developed by Sukhoi Design Bureau. Has been designed with the aim high stealth performance, we have first flight on January 29, 2010 to counter the F-35 and F-22 of the U.S. military.

I have seen in the Russian Air Force is planning to equip at least 420 aircraft, in preparation for mass production in 2016 and later.

Are reproduced precisely 20.5 cm 30.7 cm total length, full width, cockpit and front legs, and the main landing gear. Synthetic rubber pattern is entered, the number of 90 or more parts, with etched parts, tires new mold

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10197455

Oh well. :(

And if the pricing information is accurate, this one is unlikely to become a bestseller:

All those inflated prices are due to import cost to Japan as well as the Yen exchange rate.

Example of other HB 1/72 kits which end up at $30+ in hobbysearch, you can find for less than half in other asian online hobby stores.

Edited by Inquisitor

As far as injected kits go, I know there are problems, but Pit Road does one in 1/144.

It is way overpriced for 144 kit, and it is way overpriced for its absolute lack of any accuracy. And before people go "There were no pics!", that is simply not true. There were plenty of highres pictures, and even decent drawings.

• 2 weeks later...