Aires 1/32 Super Hornet exhaust cans

Hey Terry,

the only thing I dont´t like on these nozzles are the hundred little rivets on the outside of the feathers...

There is actually a resin cockpit for the Echo available from Super Bug Models. The quality is pretty good. But I hope for Aires too (and F-14D cockpit PLEASE!!!) Since Aires have Naces ejection seats for Super Hornets and Delta Tomcats out, I think it will be not taking long for the cockpit, I HOPE ;-)

Now if only someone would come up with a resin cockpit for the big scale super hornets, that'd be awesome.

After seeing the new nozzles, I emailed Aires and asked them about a potential forthcoming cockpit for the Trumpeter F/A-18F. I got a response from David at Aires that "this is planned". No other details. I am considering putting off my Super hornet build until they release that baby, although I have heard the stock pit isn't terrible as long as you update the the back seat to the current configuration.

After seeing the new nozzles, I emailed Aires and asked them about a potential forthcoming cockpit for the Trumpeter F/A-18F. I got a response from David at Aires that "this is planned". No other details. I am considering putting off my Super hornet build until they release that baby, although I have heard the stock pit isn't terrible as long as you update the the back seat to the current configuration.

But are they planning an F cockpit with ACS? Since their 1/48 and recently released 1/72 pit don't have it. They are still the early blk configuration.

Steel Beach ACS resin from Sprue Bros

For $12. plus shipping, this might just do it for you...

I actually already have the Steel Beach set in-hand. I just haven't started the actual kit yet, so if Aires releases anything else cockpit related before I do, I would like to see what they are offering.

Back on topic though, those new exhausts are tempting. Anyone have them in stock yet?

What I don't get is why they choose to do the open exhausts? 95% of the superhornets modeled will be sitting on the ground. Unless you are going a diorama with it in full burner on the cat, the nozzles are going to be closed. That means that most modelers will either have to pass on this set, or live with a inaccurate depiction of the jet.

At second look, they sort of look 20-30% open. If they where truly closed the outer VEN flaps should be slightly overlapping and the primary VEN flaps should be almost touching like in this picture:

09.jpg

Also the attachment points on the primary VEN flaps (the white square things on the inside) are vastly over done. They are flush with the flaps in the real thing. The Aires ones look like they stick up a few scale inches.

Edited by graves_09

Are ground crew able to pull open the feathers by hand for inspection ?

I remember seeying that happen a couple of times, just not sure on which aircraft. Could have been a Cat or a Viper.

That would raise the chances of them being open while on the ground.

So we just have to wait. I also ordered the nozzles set and the Quickboost ECS exhaust set. I will not start the kit until Aires launches the cockpit. Lets hope they get it with the ACS and it fits properly.