Rafale "B" Tiger Meet

I finished this build almost a month ago, but didn't get the chance to take more finished pics for this thread until today. I started this project back in December (here's the WIP). This was probably one of the longest builds I've done thus far, due to work and life in general got in the way.

I think Hobby Boss did a GREAT job with this kit. The plastic was of good quality, with very fine and crisp engraving. The amount of surface details was also excellent! The fit accuracy was also very good, except for the jet intakes which required quite a bit of sanding on the "V" part against the fuselage. Another downside is the canopy, which didn't fit that well, requiring quite a bit of careful sanding.

I sprayed the aircraft with Gunze Aqueous Color H306 (FS36270), thinned with methylated spirit at around 3:2 ratio (3 parts paint, 2 parts thinner). I used Tamiya X-22 gloss clear coat prior to decaling. Lightly weathered the plane with oil wash (black + burnt umber + burnt sienna). Finished off with light coat of LifeColor Satin Clear.

The "cargo":

- Matra Magic2 missiles - sprayed with Tamiya White Fine Surface Primer, brush painted the tip and stripes

- MICA IR missiles - sprayed with Tamiya X-19 Sky Grey, tip sprayed with Tamiya X-2 gloss white, brush painted the tip and stripes

- MICA EM missiles - sprayed with Gunze Aqueous H-308 (FS36375), tip sprayed with Tamiya X-2 gloss white, brush painted the tip and stripes

- Drop tanks - sprayed with Gnze Aqueous H-308 (FS36375)

IMG_4758.jpg

IMG_4759.jpg

IMG_4760.jpg

IMG_4761.jpg

IMG_4762.jpg

IMG_4763.jpg

IMG_4764.jpg

IMG_4765.jpg

IMG_4766.jpg

IMG_4767.jpg

Thanks for looking! :thumbsup:

'Later! :cheers:

Edited by Mike C

Those decals must have been a real bit*h to put on - but damn they make it look good.

2 really great raf's you've put up for us Mike - thanks! :cheers:

Thanks Madhatter :salute:

Yeah... Those damned decals really scarred me for life. I'll definitely try to avoid any kits with large decals from now on!! :whistle: