If you had to choose one kit...

If you had to choose one single unbuilt model kit out of your entire collection what would it be and why?

'

I would have to say my original Monogram Visible B-17 kit.

I bought that kit when me and my fiance at the time just moved in together back in 1997. I bought it, and then had to sell it in order to get money to pay rent when she lost her job. Then a few months later I found one in better condition and cheaper than the one I had originally sold. I still have it after almost 15 years and it reminds me of when we were just starting out together. I think about how the times were tough and my plastic saved the day.

If you had to choose one single unbuilt model kit out of your entire collection what would it be and why?

'

I would have to say my original Monogram Visible B-17 kit.

I bought that kit when me and my fiance at the time just moved in together back in 1997. I bought it, and then had to sell it in order to get money to pay rent when she lost her job. Then a few months later I found one in better condition and cheaper than the one I had originally sold. I still have it after almost 15 years and it reminds me of when we were just starting out together. I think about how the times were tough and my plastic saved the day.

It would have to be either my Academy 1/32 F/A-18C or D (oh...you said one). Okay the Delta. The kit is a great one and the Hornet is my favorate aircraft.

Dragon Ho-229B (1/48). It took me five years to track that sucker down privately; the seller kindly included Re-Heat p/e with it.

Anything else I can replace easily, and I don't have any particular feelings or memories about any of them -they are all just boxes of bits.

Of course, when I have the rapturous 1/72 CMR Scimitar (Early) in my grubby little hands, this could all change!

My Trumpeter 1:32 A-10. I've wanted an A-10 in that scale since I began modeling in the early 80's. Now I have it, but I am too intimidated to start work on it! I just need to start cutting parts off sprues and applying the glue and get going on it!

My Golden egg is the 1/72nd scale Leading Edge CL-600 resin Challenger.... I won that on Ebay for a ridiculously low sum, the seller didn't know what they had and couldn't spell so if you were looking for one it wouldn't pop up in the search results.

Nice kit just haven't gotten the courage to put knife to resin.

My second kit is the Vac Form Astra Arrow..

I have a Jerry Rutman Henschel 129 that he was good enough to go out and pour for me. Bought the barrel for it (B3 version) directly from Robert Schatton at one of the Telford shows. That probably beats the Revell Raiden (rescued from a bin where I'd thrown it and kept for twenty years by my father) narrowly into second place :)

Because of the financial situation many of us are in right now, I don't have the luxery of having a "special" model. I keep saying these models are ones that I just absolutely WON'T sell because they are special to me, then another bill comes up that we can't pay, and out the window one of them goes. Kind of depressing really, but that is the way life goes.

Aaron

ps. One such model is for sale in the Buy and Sell forum right now. My kids desperately need summer clothes.

I look at the question like this: If you had only enough time in your life to build one more model, which kit would it be.

For me it would be a Hasegawa 1/48 F-4D Phantom II, superdetailed.

For me it's the HitKit Potez XXV - a piece of junk which has so far resisted all attempts to complete it for nigh-on 8 years. It'll never get finished so by picking that kit I'm guaranteeing immortality...

Vince

My Tamiya MP4/4 with Top Studio detail set. Of all the models I'll ever build its the one I want to turn out the best.

Also someday soon I plan on turning a 1:48 B-17 kit into the plane my grandfather flew on during the Memmingen Germany 15th AF mission. It also is one that no matter how perfect I could make it I just don't think I will be able to do it properly.

So I guess I picked two.

I don't stash anymore, so I don't have a huge backlog of kits to choose from.

However, I do have a modestly started Stream 1/72 Sukhoi Su-24 Fencer that took me a good while to obtain and I want to get just right.

Hopefully my girlfriend and I will meet with some success in flat shopping this year and I'll have space to set up a permanent corner for building and displaying and I'll feel comfortable in finishing it and having it on a shelf where it's not likely to be knocked off.

Even if it was unstarted, I know I wouldn't give it up. As over engineered as it is, I strongly doubt we will see another 1/72 rendition of that aircraft that comes close to that sort of accuracy.

I look at the question like this: If you had only enough time in your life to build one more model, which kit would it be.

OK, if that's the intent behind the question....oooo...this is hard.

But I'd probably pick my Hasegawa 1/48 F-4F that I am converting to a an F-4E. I already have the aires cockpit, new aires cans, dmold intakes, proper horizontal slatted stabs, and all the bombs/missiles I need...now I just need the most important thing...TIME...

1/24 Trumpeter Mustang ive been trying to get to this one but every time i crack the box and look at all the parts a say naw ive got to get my skills up first!

For me, it's simple, a 1/48 Hasegawa F-14 with all of the bells and whistles I could add. Have about 10 Hase Tomcats in the stash but they are just way too intimidating for me to get started on any of them. One day, when I think I have enough skills to get something good out of them.

Rob

Edited by TOPGUN

Dragon Ho-229B (1/48). It took me five years to track that sucker down privately; the seller kindly included Re-Heat p/e with it.

They are like Rocking Horse, aren't they? Once I learnt they existed I couldn't wait until one came my way, wasn't five years but it came half way round the world. Do wonder if the engines from the single seater will fit :)

Patrick

They are like Rocking Horse, aren't they? Once I learnt they existed I couldn't wait until one came my way, wasn't five years but it came half way round the world. Do wonder if the engines from the single seater will fit :)

Patrick

Yea, for some reason the engines are missing from the B kit -maybe they thought that one was a glider???

Apart from the extra seating and night-fighter radar bits, I think the kits are the same so the engines should fit both. Now that would be a stunning build... :coolio:

If I only had time to build one more model, I would sell the stash for as much as I could and take the family on a nice trip.

But to keep in spirit of the real question, 1/48 Tamiya Lancaster. I have been saving up all the parts needed for a couple years now. It would take me MUCH longer to build then a Phantom, can knock those off in a couple days.