Inspirational corner

And if your going to do one plane on your vacation you might as well do two. The third will come later (have to work tomorrow)

One of the few RF-4E to survive the war and according to the Hi decals used for it, still might be in service.

DSC_0871.jpg

DSC_0872.jpg

DSC_0873.jpg

DSC_0874.jpg

One of the few RF-4E to survive the war and according to the Hi decals used for it, still might be in service.

Well at least it was still flying in 2009 - here's the link to two photos: http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=2-6502&distinct_entry=true

Unfortunately, Raymond and I decided blue/grey Phantoms and Tomcats can't be eligible entries to this groupbuild, as they were painted so recently. Only Asia Minor paintjobs are allowed (and no sharkmouths on the F-4E, for the same reason). But thanks for posting inspirational photos anyway!

Of the Iran and Iraq forces origin - no matter the time frame.

Here's a recce Phantom I've build several years ago

Revell 1:72 RF-4E Phantom II, Hi-Decal decals

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

and an Iraqi MiG-21 (probably Mastercraft 1:72)

12.jpg

Edited by Sebastijan
  • 2 weeks later...

Did the Iraqis get the MiG-29s in time to see action towards the end of the war?.

Also we're MiG-15UTIs still operational in the early 1980s?.

I am building the hobby boss MiG-15UTI at the moment.

The first MiG-29s were delivered few months before the end of the war. It is not confirmed if they saw actual air-air combat but surely they flew some air defence missions before the end of the war.

Few MiG-15UTI also survived long enough in their training role and were still in service during the eighties.

Greetings

Diego

My pld builds of Iraq or Iran Flying machines...

Iraq L-39 - 1/48 ( MPM, with resin stuff all inclusive, lindenhill decals )

5.jpg

Iraq Mig 29 - 1/48 ( Academy with resin stuff for Cpit and exhausts with Lindenhill decals )

mig29iraq4.jpg

Iraq Mig 23 ML - 1/48( Italeri kit, converted and reworket to ML, neomega C-pit, Edu PE, Lindenhill decals. )

m6.jpg

Curently working on revell Mig 25 - 1/48, it will be iraq AF, but from '91 Hornet killer ( awfull lot of cutting, and sanding and filling, and... Neomega + EDU )

mig25-2.jpg

Iranian Tomcat

Revell Tomcat1/48, rescribed..( Aires Cpit, EDU PE, aires exhausts, HD decals.. )

12.jpg

1.jpg

I have one Pesrian Tomcat in old desert sheme, But can not find photos... ( aca kit, edu PE, HD Decals.. )

• 3 weeks later...