Hello

Let me share my last build, hasegawa's 1/48 Hurricane Mk IID with the addition of eduard photoetched set, aires tail planes and rudder, ultracast wells, quickboost cannon barrels, squadron vac canopy, E-Z line and some scratch.

Painted with model master enamels, also a combination of future and gunze's aqueous for the matt finish.

During construction a fellow ARC pointed that the landing lights were not present in the D version; in the end I decided to leave them because of the risk of damaging something else.

You can find the in-progress pictures here.

In progress

Here are the images, I hope you enjoy them; comments and critiques are welcome.

Carlos

P1000736-1.jpg

P1000739-1.jpg

P1000741-1.jpg

P1000748.jpg

P1000752.jpg

P1000758.jpg

P1000749.jpg

Overall outstanding! Love the colors and camo.

Slight decal silvering on the rear fuselage.

The extended step And rear gear strut looks "fuzzy" as in the paint is very rough.

I agree in just leaving well enough alone on the lights.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for the kind comments.

I agree, some of the decals have silvering; on some areas I couldn't get a smooth paint finish; thought that some sanding over the rough areas and a future cover could do the trick but it wasnt enough.

Regards

Carlos

• 1 month later...

Im one of the "wierdos" that prefers the Hurricane over the Spitfire - just think it looks "rougher around the edges" sort of more purposeful sort of agricultural and obviously not "pretty like a spit"

you have really done this one justice - very inspiring.Its lightly weathered and nothing wrong with that - they were clean at one point of there lives.

best

Mark