This here is a build that´s going on in the group build forum but I thought I´d bring you up to speed in the WIP forum as well

Not only for getting more pats on my back but because there´s probably more eyes following in this forum and can alert me when I´m going astray :D

Back from a nice holiday and itching to begin this here Ali cat :D

Digging out this gawa Tomcat out of the stash...

IMG_4632.jpg

And it came with loads of resin...yum-yum :D

IMG_4634.jpg

And I´ve spent today with cleaning and impaling parts according to my usual habits :P with all this resin it took a while :P

IMG_4636.jpg

I´ll try priming tomorrow and start with the black preshade for the wheel wells and cockpit!

CHeers!

Todays update :D

I begun with priming with Alclad grey primer...

IMG_4637.jpg

Then a flat black preshade to the cockpit and wheel well parts...

IMG_4638.jpg

I then dusted on some FS36375 light ghost grey in the pit, I´m not using the correct FS color since it would be way too dark on a black preshade.

IMG_4639.jpg

The details pop real nice :D

IMG_4641.jpg

And flat white ontop of the wheel well parts...

IMG_4643.jpg

Mmmm...just the way I want it.

IMG_4644.jpg

A group pic of todays progress!

IMG_4645.jpg

Next I´ll start detail painting the sitting well and bang seats!

Cheers!

Been doing the blacks for the cockpit today....all I had time for today :D

More details to follow but this is what it looks like now, got a hint from a figure painter of using retarder in my paint when I brushpaint small details and I have to say that it works really well.

It means that you can use a small brush with a tiny ammount of paint and it won´t dry onto the brush!

IMG_4646.jpg

Thought I´d do a dry fit and that was smart since I ended up sanding and cutting a bit to make the rear IP fit.

IMG_4647.jpg

Cheers!

Nothing much happening today really....

I painted the IP shrouds and some other cloth like details...

IMG_4649.jpg

Then I clear coated everything so I can do a little washing tomorrow :P

IMG_4650.jpg

Cheers!

A wee bit of progress today too :D Might be a bit longer until the next update though since my inlaws are coming for a visit.....

ANyways I got a little thin wash on...

the pit..

IMG_4651.jpg

Wheel wells...

IMG_4652.jpg

IMG_4653.jpg

Then a flat coat on top and it´s ready for some drybrushing followed by somemore further detail painting :D

IMG_4655.jpg

Cheers!

There, now we´re on par here as well :D

I could mention that I´ve ordered an old style gun vent already....should pop up in my mail box anyday now, knowing the speed of Gordon :D

Now that a great example of packaging is worth more than its content !!!

LOVE the Pit

Can i ask a favor ? can you document your nose to fuselage hookup ive started one of these and im not sure how to do the fit !!

Cheers

Neo

That's because I only have one standard size package. You should see the F-4S conversion. It's packed into the clamshell! I looked into smaller packaging, but the company I order from didn't have anything smaller that would work and custom sizes were too expensive. I'm just a little basement company who does it to help out fellow modelers and maybe make a couple bucks on the side.

That's because I only have one standard size package. You should see the F-4S conversion. It's packed into the clamshell! I looked into smaller packaging, but the company I order from didn't have anything smaller that would work and custom sizes were too expensive. I'm just a little basement company who does it to help out fellow modelers and maybe make a couple bucks on the side.

Hi Darren

i meant no harm !! and you reasons are probable logic has getting 1000 units of one size is normally much cheaper than 250 of 4 different sizes !!

I just tough it was ironic

Sry if i offended you :salute:

Cheers

Neo

Great start to the project. Just a couple of things. The Iranian Tomcats had the early style hub. I think the Wheeliant set is the later style. Royale Resin makes a beautiful set of early style hubs. Also, the SB gun vent is for the early style U-shaped louvered vent. The Iranian airframes had the standard setup with two rectangular shaped vents, one above the other. Lastly, the Iranian jets were seen most often without the IFR bay door. SB does a decent bay designed for the IFR probe to be stowed. Wolfpack does a beautiful IFR set that is designed for the probe to be extended. The preceding info is FYI only. It's not meant to take away from your build. :)

Hi Darren

i meant no harm !! and you reasons are probable logic has getting 1000 units of one size is normally much cheaper than 250 of 4 different sizes !!

I just tough it was ironic

Sry if i offended you :salute:

Cheers

Neo

No offense taken! I knew what you were saying. I was just explaining why so that others would understand. And you're completely correct. I order a box of 1,000 clamshells at a time. It would cost an arm and leg to order all different sizes. It is pretty funny to see a small item in the packaging. My favorite is the wing trunnion plates for the F-4. They almost disappear in the clamshell! :rofl:

LOVE the Pit

Can i ask a favor ? can you document your nose to fuselage hookup ive started one of these and im not sure how to do the fit !!

Cheers

Neo

Sure can do :D keep you eyes peeled for the update...it´s still some way off tho.

Great start to the project. Just a couple of things. The Iranian Tomcats had the early style hub. I think the Wheeliant set is the later style. Royale Resin makes a beautiful set of early style hubs. Also, the SB gun vent is for the early style U-shaped louvered vent. The Iranian airframes had the standard setup with two rectangular shaped vents, one above the other. Lastly, the Iranian jets were seen most often without the IFR bay door. SB does a decent bay designed for the IFR probe to be stowed. Wolfpack does a beautiful IFR set that is designed for the probe to be extended. The preceding info is FYI only. It's not meant to take away from your build. :)

Thanx Darren and thanx for the input :D

Okie..new hubs ordered :D

And you´re right about the gun vent, I didn´t see the vent clearly enough I thought it was with tthe above and below vents... darn

Not sure what to do now :/ Might use your piece and make my own I guess...

The IFR I knew about and and I´ll try to adapt the wolfpack set I´ve got....shouldn´t be too hard.

And you´re right about the gun vent, I didn´t see the vent clearly enough I thought it was with tthe above and below vents... darn

Not sure what to do now :/ Might use your piece and make my own I guess...

Since you bought my resin piece, the least I can do is help out. I've got a spare gun vent from a derelict Hasegawa kit. It's yours if you want it. Just PM me with your mailing address.

Since you bought my resin piece, the least I can do is help out. I've got a spare gun vent from a derelict Hasegawa kit. It's yours if you want it. Just PM me with your mailing address.

PM inbound :D

Thanx Darren :D

Hi Janne! Good work that you are doing on the Tomcat. I have been really tempted during some days on set aside temporally my Viggens and joining to the GW GB with a Tomcat...

Great to hear that you have been having a nice time with your family

keep your good work!

Juan

Hi Janne! Good work that you are doing on the Tomcat. I have been really tempted during some days on set aside temporally my Viggens and joining to the GW GB with a Tomcat...

Great to hear that you have been having a nice time with your family

keep your good work!

Juan

Well why not? :D

The Viggens will be there waiting for ya :D

Sacred grass muncher...I´m home alone!!!!

My mother in law, gf and daughter are out shopping and I´m left all alone....Whoopie!!!!! :banana:

So I dry brushed some stuff :D

The seats after two sessions with first dark grey and then a somewhat lighter grey....some detail paintingleft to do only :D

IMG_4667.jpg

The tub after three rounds of drybrushing...I used the 3rd round with a very light grey and only drybrushed the grey surfaces and the buttons.

Ready for detail painting here as well :D

IMG_4673.jpg

IMG_4674.jpg

The IP shrouds... 3 rounds of dry brushing here as well, I used gray on top of the brown, looks a bit strong right now but it´ll look better when everything is in place :D

IMG_4675.jpg

The side walls...same here 3 rounds of drybrushing.

IMG_4677.jpg

Some detail painting to do and then we´ll see if I can´t start putting things together :D

Cheers!