A lil´ update :D

Thought I´d statt making room for the IFR...

I masked off with dymo tape...

IMG_4680.jpg

Then I used my scriber to make deep marks along the panellines....

IMG_4681.jpg

And finally I used a hobby knife to cut through the last bit, of course I noticed that I had scribed a bit more than I should some super glue will take care of that and then I´ll make new panel lines.

IMG_4682.jpg

Back to the pit...

Detail painted :D

IMG_4683.jpg

IMG_4684.jpg

IMG_4685.jpg

Time to start some assembly soon, but I begin with a little dry fitting first...oh and then I have the bang seats left as well :D

It´s starting to look the piece at least :D

IMG_4686.jpg

IMG_4688.jpg

Cheers!

A mini update..

Glued on the IPs and some small details....

IMG_4694.jpg

Then the side walls (the striped are is to be removed to fit the IFR)

IMG_4696.jpg

And this is all the stuff I have to make room for some how ;/

IMG_4697.jpg

Cheers!

Another lil´step forward :D

Done the bang seats....

Here they are painted, washed, and drybrushed...

IMG_4698.jpg

And on with the PE...

IMG_4704.jpg

There... that´s all of the cockpit done, now it´s time for trickier stuff like making everything fit :P

Cheers!

Ok, Time to get my hands dirty, time to start construction!

First thing first, I have to begin with repairing a dodo I made earlier, I sanded off way too much from the edge of the cockpit in the nose section :/

I glued on a strip of thin plasticard... like so

IMG_4712-1.jpg

IMG_4713-1.jpg

Then I puttied the gaps and sanded smooth....there´ll still be gaps when I put the resin pit in place but at least they´ll be manageable :D

IMG_4714-1.jpg

I opened up the gun a bit with a round file...

IMG_4715-1.jpg

I had a vulcan nozzle in my spare part box...time to use it, a bit odd really that there isn´t any gun nozzles in the gawa box...oh well, there´s a reason why we have spare parts boxes :P

IMG_4718-1.jpg

Then some tricky business, I had to make room in the resin pit to fit against the IFR housing...it took me and The Dremel a while to get it right in fact. A fair bit of patience was needed for this....no rushing things.

Fit...sand...fit..sand untill you get it right.

IMG_4720-1.jpg

When I was satisfied I glued the IFR housing in place.

IMG_4723-1.jpg

Same thing with the pit, a bit of tinkering and then I glued it in place in one front fuselage half....A lil´bit broke off from the are behind the HUD projector lens and was sacrified to the carpet monster,

I can scratch a new part but it reminds me that since you handle the pit so much during the fitting it´s a good thing not to have glued the smallest pieces in place...they´ll break off and disapear :P

IMG_4725-1.jpg

Finally a dry fit with the fuselage halfs.....looks good, some small gaps b ut they´re easy to manage....

IMG_4726-1.jpg

The interesting bit will be fitting the nose wheel well in place before I close the fuselage.....

Cheers!

Dontcha know you're supposed to shake your spares box around a bit to feed the carpet monster before doing anything with small parts?

Anyway, ur brave Goin at that beautiful pit withal Dremel! Can ya elaborate on your patented triple drybrush method?

Edited by blunce

Dontcha know you're supposed to shake your spares box around a bit to feed the carpet monster before doing anything with small parts?

Anyway, ur brave Goin at that beautiful pit withal Dremel! Can ya elaborate on your patented triple drybrush method?

Hehehe, not the first pit I´ve Dremelled :P

about the drybrushing....

When I dry brush black surfaces I start off with a dark grey and then a middle grey and finally a light grey.

The dry brushing is made in different degrees with each tone of grey to build up smooth contrasts and depth, the light grey is really only for protruding details.

Any wizer?

I have a little update for you today as well :D

First I got theese in my mailbox, correct weighted wheels :D

IMG_4729.jpg

Moving on to business...

I detail painted the nose wheelwell, not much needed to be done really but the few splashes of color do help.

flipped.jpg

IMG_4728.jpg

Then there just was that little issue of making it fit....

I had to remove a millimetre of the cokpit bottom, now in retrespect I should have done this before I glued the pit :P

IMG_4730.jpg

Oh well, after some hacking, sawing, tearing and sanding I finally made room for the well.

IMG_4731.jpg

And after I did a dry fit it seems to work...

IMG_4732.jpg

SO far so good, I suppose there might be some closing of fuselage part tomorrow ....

Cheers!

The front wheel bay looks great but those are some nasty fit lines that you got there :S

Nah, remember this is a dry fit, things are a bit loose at this point....when I glue things will be better :D