Kinetic F-5 is available now

Due to the fact that the Kinetic kit is now available I have added this as a separate post that will perhaps allow

discussion of the actual model rather than speculation on a unknown

See-

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=KI-K48020

The decal sheet alone is worth the price of admission!

The following are ACTUAL test shots (Please compare to Kinetics images on Lucky and that will confirm this fact)the

different plastics do not mean that Kinetic are reviving a Matchbox tradition but are due to the simple fact that

test shots use whatever plastic is at hand and not necessarily he plastic that will be used on the production model.

Note the alternate bellies to allow for different variants. Also note at the time these test shots where taken ther

was some tweeking still to be done to fial moulds.

I DO NOT have images of the upcoming Kinetic T-45 Goshawk however at the time I first saw the F-5 testshots I did see

the test shots for it, and it looks very nice, perhaps the best yet from Kinetic who seem to grow better with every

new release.

IMG_7163s.jpg

IMG_7161s.jpg

IMG_7164s.jpg

IMG_7165s.jpg

Edited by centuaryseries

Hi!

Nice kit... but just a question.... why every model kit manufacturing thinks about the common decals???? It is very hard to find any exotic costumer's decals on a factory issued decal sheet in the box of the kits.... but forexampla this little gem was delivered almost all around the world.. spain, marocco, libya, jordan, turkey, philippines, iran, etc.... why they need to choose the most common dutch, norwegian, us, canadian or north vietnamese marks????

Otherwise it is seems to be a little gem!

P

Hi!

Nice kit... but just a question.... why every model kit manufacturing thinks about the common decals????

why they need to choose the most common dutch, norwegian, us, canadian or north vietnamese marks????

Otherwise it is seems to be a little gem!

P

P

Because it sells, and the AM guys can go for the Niche markets.... Looks good I'm getting one for sure.

Anyone wanna buy a classic airframes F-5?

:cheers:

Emil

I still don't get those separate panels on the sides of the fuselage behind the cockpit. Makes no sense to me.

There seem to be 2 optional sets of inserts. One set is on the sprue with the refuelling probe. The other set is on the sprue with the rear fuselage section.

Mark

Damn I kinda wish these guys would do the F-5E too. The surface details on this one look way nicer than on the AFV kit. Still this kit looks pretty tempting. Makes me look forward to what other kits they may have coming up in the distant future.

Other than the odd panels below/aft the cockpit, I'm wondering why the piece on the fin above the rudder is separate? It would make way more sense to have the rudder as a separate piece instead. :huh:

Cheers,

John

Other than the odd panels below/aft the cockpit, I'm wondering why the piece on the fin above the rudder is separate? It would make way more sense to have the rudder as a separate piece instead. :huh:

Cheers,

John

It was incredibly rare to see an F-5A rudder in anything other than neutral position, but the panel above it had different antenna fits for different sub-variants, thus it's moulded separately on the model to allow for this.

It was incredibly rare to see an F-5A rudder in anything other than neutral position, but the panel above it had different antenna fits for different sub-variants, thus it's moulded separately on the model to allow for this.

I realize the fin trailing edge contained the TACAN and IFF antennas but was never aware of, or seen, any discernible visual differences between any sub-variants of the F-5A/B vertical stab trailing edges. Even the F-5E/F has the same V-Stab antenna arrangement that doesn't change with sub-variants.

In this case, if they wanted to make more parts, the rudder would have made more sense to be molded separately. To me this just seems like an over engineered mistake to make this a separate part.

My opinion of course.... but it won't keep me from buying one.

Cheers,

John

I've always wanted a CF-5A in the low viz greys. It looks like I'll still be waiting on decals.

The sheet has a very distinct lack of stencils for that scheme...

I've always wanted a CF-5A in the low viz greys. It looks like I'll still be waiting on decals.

The sheet has a very distinct lack of stencils for that scheme...

Actually I disagree It has pretty good stencils for the 'Ghost' scheme all you would need is the Belcher/CanMilAir sheet for insignia and A/C numbering. If you don't like the Little No Step foot marks with the red x you can always raid a 1:48 Leading Edge CF-18 sheet for them. For the False Canopy marking you can use the Belcher sheet or paint it yourself. I am looking forward to the markings because the have the CWH markings included. Which will actually allow me to finish my CA Kit.

The A/C typically didn't have too many markings in the Aggressor schemes. Ordinance pylon stencils are great from the Leading Edge sheet (if you can still find them) I still think that Leading Edge Models have made the best representation of Formation (slime) lights. Arrow Graphics a close second and the rest are all the same..... Too Yellow.

:cheers:

Emil

I don't agree. The "ghost" scheme CF-5's I saw in the day had full stencils, just in grey. As far as I know the Belcher sheet is the same, low on stencils.

I don't agree. The "ghost" scheme CF-5's I saw in the day had full stencils, just in grey. As far as I know the Belcher sheet is the same, low on stencils.

Yeah but combining them works.... You will have full stencils.

Aircraft is pretty simple... Ejection markings, fuel, Federal Identity, No step foot marks. No real panel markings.

There really weren't extensive markings in the old green scheme, so I'm really not sure what you are looking for.

Most markings I ever saw on pylons and tanks was in black.. The kit sheet covers it pretty good. Except pylons.

Belcher will give you a better FIP marking but stencils are pretty much all there on the kit sheet.

Edited by Emvar