New 1/32 F-16 and F-18 from Academy

They are both on Academy's website. I did not see an actual release date other than 2012 and we know how accurate some release dates are.

Mike

Not a new one. Its the old kit. F-16C "Block 40 Limited Edition".

There is no word on the website about the F-16F. I know one is coming sometime, but no news about a release date.

I think Academy is taking a page from the Hasegawa playbook--reissuing old plastic with new decals and calling it a "limited edition" with a steep price hike.

I'd be very surprised if they re-do the tails for the F-18A. Probably they'll just tell you what you have to shave off the C tails.

Notice the Sniper pod on the painting of the F-16C Block 40, and then the same LANTIRN (or whatever) pod you get in the current C kit in the pictures. Doubt

they'll actually give you a Sniper pod, but I'd love to be wrong there.

The F-16F will probably be the I kit plus new decals.

Just wonder how much more $ intensive these "new" kits will be over the originals.

I think Academy is taking a page from the Hasegawa playbook--reissuing old plastic with new decals and calling it a "limited edition" with a steep price hike.

I'd be very surprised if they re-do the tails for the F-18A. Probably they'll just tell you what you have to shave off the C tails.

Notice the Sniper pod on the painting of the F-16C Block 40, and then the same LANTIRN (or whatever) pod you get in the current C kit in the pictures. Doubt

they'll actually give you a Sniper pod, but I'd love to be wrong there.

The F-16F will probably be the I kit plus new decals.

Just wonder how much more $ intensive these "new" kits will be over the originals.

Anything I have bought from them that listed as re-released contained new and updated parts. Example, the F-15E series updated to the F-15K and F-15I are superb with their updates. Likewise with the F-15C MSIP kit. Also, the SU-30MK. Now, that is not to say ALL releases have been, just the ones I bought. So, there is hope.

M

I am suprised with all the F-16CJ/CG kit bashing re not being accurate intake, base of tail fin, etc, who really cares about new F-16 releases in 1/32 scale from Academy as we all know these issue have not been corrected. People slammed the F-16I also.

On the other hand we build models, not museum peices, so it is kind of funny how people get so caught up on these inaccuracies, get a resin cockpit, build it, does it look like an F-16...yes, done. I have seen some real nice jobs on these kits. Not every kit can be accurate and high end like Tamiya, and look how long Tamiya drags their feet, there 1/32 Viper was released when..2004, so it has been 8 years and no 2 seater or other versions.