Landkreuzer P.1000 Ratte........in 1/35 scale!

I tend to enjoy building subjects that nobody has ever seen, heard of, or done before. I've built a USS Montana battleship and HMS Habakkuk models are testaments to my philosophy. And now I find I want to keep doing something bigger and better. Each model subject I build must surpass the previous one. And the next biggest subject I can think of which has gotten my interest is the proposed, but never built, German Landkreuzer P.1000 Ratte super-heavy tank from World War II.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreuzer_P._1000_Ratte

P__1000_Ratte_Tank_Cutaway_by_VonBrrr.jpg

Not much "hard facts" exist on the Net about the Ratte. What searching I've done so far indicates a variety of specifications as well as various designs, but nothing "final". Therefor, it's a huge speculative subject.

But here's the thing. I don't want to build this in 1/72 scale or 1/48 scale, or anything else smaller. I want BIG! I want to build this in 1/35 scale! In that scale, the finished model would be approx. 40 inches long x 16 inches wide x 13 inches tall. I want to build this to show and compare it to other 1/35 armor at a model contest. Everything about this model will most likely be scratchbuilt. Here's where I need help:

1. I need lots of wheels and treads.

2. The main turret will be similar to that of a battleship turret from the Scharnhorst class battleship, but with only two barrels instead of three. What I need to figure is the dimensions of the turret (minus barrels) in 1/35 scale.

3. What German 1/35 kits and accessories can people recommend that I can get extra parts from?