patriot missile launcher in 1/48

Don

You did a really good job on the Patriot launcher. This is one of the very few times that I actually have seen this kit built up since it was first released in the early 1990s.

For a bit of trivia, the Patriot missiles used in the Gulf War in the early 890s were not marked or even painted. I talked with a representative from the company that made the Patriot right after the Gulf War. It was at a big display at my local air base (NAS Miramar) which featured some captured Iraqui equipment along with a large piece of a Scud missile and a Patriot missile. He told me that because the missiles were in their cannisters, there was no need for any markings or even painting them past their primer color. I definitely admit that your Patriot missile looks a lot better in the color/markings you chose!

Have fun modeling!

Mike

hi mike,cheers for the reply,and info,the kit was not what i thought it was going to be,it was very simplified,but still enjoyed making all four vehicles.i have been spending too much time lately on armour,need to get back to my missiles and satelites,speaking of which there is a new aoshima satelite coming out in aug got my order in already,just got yesterday the aoshima ohsumi sat and lambda launch vehicle comes with launch tower,a bit disapointed its a bit small,the rocket is about pencil thickness,though the sat is a bit bigger but hey ho.its got to be done.have you seen the pics i posted on the armour site,of all four kits and ive just finished the scud launcher and t.e.l.,just need to finish decals,and ive started the trumpy samtransporter have a butchers cheers don [sorry have a look,not butchers]forgot your in the colonies lol.

This looks great Don! This is the first chance I have had to check out your new postings. I like this one a lot. It looks like you got past the window problems of the first build.

Rob

hi rob,did you enjoy your break,missed your comments,ive hit a bit of real space modeller's bloc stuggling to find a subject that grips me,i'll pull myself out of it shortly,need something like a moon rover with pe or a large lander to test me,otherwise im gonna have to buy some shuttle decals,and finish one of the fifteen ive got under the bench,thats worst case scenario.anyway nice to see you back,might give you a ring at weekend if i can stop awake, cheers don ps gdownload keanes new album strangeland good mogggellling music...lol don