Never before in 48th scale?

Now that I've read more of these posts, I change my mind :) I second the vote for a C-17 as well as a B-52 in this scale, even though it'd be HUGE! And also some commercial airliner jets too, like A340 and 737!

Jerry

Crossing to the other side of the herring pond for a moment ... I don't believe there's ever been an injection-moulded 1/48 Gloster Javelin, Supermarine Swift or Supermarine Scimitar...

Yes, add these to my wishlist with the Swift before the Javelin (FR5 of course, see the SIG in my sig as it were). There have been vacforms of these at least - Dynavector Javelin, Ventura (or was it Falcon?) Swift and Dynavector Scimitar iirc ...

There have been IM kits of the F9F-8, F11F-1 (both Fonderie Miniature) and P-63 (MPM), though I wouldn't want to claim any of them was top of the range.

Never seen an FM kit, but I've not heard good things about them and the prices need to be considerably lower before I think about having the "Are you a modeller or a mouse?" conversation with myself. :D Sooner do a vacform tbh.

Things on my 1/48 wish list:

FJ-2/3 Fury (Esci's prototype doesn't quite count IMHO)

F-86H

Folland Gnat (Aeroclub did a multi-media one, but it is very tough to find)

These as well - I'm going to be very busy if all these come to fruition.

Edited by MikeC