1:48 Hobby Boss F-14A

Terrific build. I'm now wondering if all those Hasegawa F-14's in the stash could be traded in for HB kits?? From yours and others...looks like an easier build and she looks like a Tomcat when done.

Well done

Cheers

Collin

Ahhhhhhh......sweetness....Jess you made that bird into something I'm sure HB folks will be emailing you on the possibility of using it to show the rest of the modeling world just how truly fine a build this kit can be. Be sure when they ask, that you get royalties, like maybe 10 free kits of which you can give me one those T'cats so I can mangle it :whistle: . What you have done with that kit will be inspirational for all other who build it after you. I, for sure will be using yours as a guide. The weathering and exhausts are simply exquisite :gr_hail: . :smiley-whacky084:

Shucks Clif, you are just way too kind to me :rolleyes: I'm flattered that you want use this build as a reference, thank you. Maybe if I hold my breath for 10 or 15 minutes and when I awake there will be a golden staircase leading to ten or more HB Tomcats :P I will be sure to send one your way ASAP, but don't hold your breath :cheers:

I invite you to the second stage of the competition online HOBBY BOSS 2012.

September 15 November 30.

http://contest.ucoz.com/

http://www.modelistb.../2012-07-01-233

http://s362974870.on...howtopic=251704

I appreciate the invite Boroda Rus, but I'm afraid I can't read or speak Russian :unsure:

Happy Birthday !

And I really like your model! Congratulations , Great looking Cat !!:D:woo::cheers:

Thanks mplkd :D another year leaves me with less time to build.... I'd better get going on another build soon :)

NICE !!!!!!!! I followed the build log since the beginning! It's great to see it finished! What's up next ???? :cheers:

Sharkey, thank you for tagging along and for the compliments... I wanted to do a Hasegawa F-14B, but I think I will take notes on a current Hasegawa WIP first.... Right now it's between a 48th Revell F-15E or a Hasegawa F-18F. Or maybe a F/A-18D or maybe I will make a decision after the EAA Airventure.... :doh:

Terrific build. I'm now wondering if all those Hasegawa F-14's in the stash could be traded in for HB kits?? From yours and others...looks like an easier build and she looks like a Tomcat when done.

Well done

Cheers

Collin

Thanks a bunch Collin. I am very concerned about the difficulty building the Hasegawa, but dam they look great.... And yes the HB is very straight forward and not so difficult to assemble and turns out a pretty good looking model, but man there are way too many rivets <_< If you have any extra Hasegawa B's I would take them off your hands :whistle:

Thanks again guys :cheers:

/Jesse

Wow, I just peeked in for a few minutes and saw that you had completed your build Jesse.

What a great job! Weathering and scribing/rivet details look fantastic. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I just hope my build looks half as good as yours when completed (if it ever gets completed). :rolleyes:

Well done!

I appreciate the invite Boroda Rus, but I'm afraid I can't read or speak Russian

Send to my mail. borodarus22@mail.ru

1) Model 6 Photo HOBBY BOSS. (Jet aircraft 1/72, 1/48, APV 1/48. September 15-November 30.)

2) The name and catalog number.

3) Your personal photos.

4) Home Address

You all right?

Oleg.

Wow, I just peeked in for a few minutes and saw that you had completed your build Jesse.

What a great job! Weathering and scribing/rivet details look fantastic. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I just hope my build looks half as good as yours when completed (if it ever gets completed). :rolleyes:

Well done!

Your comments mean a lot to me John :woot.gif: I will be waiting patiently for more progress :tumble: :P

:cheers:

/Jesse

Jesse,

Firstly Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY. :beer4:

Secondly.....

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

What an INCREDIBLE, PHENOMENAL looking TOMCAT... :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

WOW !! The finish is simply STUNNING and OUTSTANDING...way TOO GORGEOUS. :clap2::clap2:

EXQUISITE build ...LOVE IT !!!

Jesse that is one amazing tomcat if or when I get a hobbyboss cat I will be using your build as a goal once again outstanding kit :jaw-dropping:

Really great looking tomcat, the weathering is fantastic

Thanks for the feedback guys :thumbsup: hornet97, when you buy the kit I look forward to seeing your work :cheers:

/Jesse

• 2 weeks later...

Geeze Jesse, I feel terrible that I didn't see your build finished until now. I've been so wrapped up in my own projects and vacation that I completely missed this one- until now. FANTASTIC work! You've really captured the dirty, weathering and sinister look of the Tomcat. The exhausts are particularly impressive and they look very real.

If I might offer one tiny suggestion- and I know harsh overhead light emphasizes this- but you might want to add a bit more dull coat to the finish. I had to do the same thing to my F-4E and I'm sure glad I did. The tops of those wings should never shine and adding dull coat is really simple.

Edited by chuck540z3

Geeze Jesse, I feel terrible that I didn't see your build finished until now. I've been so wrapped up in my own projects and vacation that I completely missed this one- until now. FANTASTIC work! You've really captured the dirty, weathering and sinister look of the Tomcat. The exhausts are particularly impressive and they look very real.

If I might offer one tiny suggestion- and I know harsh overhead light emphasizes this- but you might want to add a bit more dull coat to the finish. I had to do the same thing to my F-4E and I'm sure glad I did. The tops of those wings should never shine and adding dull coat is really simple.

Hey Chuck! Better late than never... Seriously, thanks for posting all of your techniques. As you said before, they are not really secrets but, you basically have led all the horses to water and all they have to do is drink!!!

As far as the flat coat goes.... Yes now that you have suggested it, I will definitely do that, along with a few other touch-ups.... Only thing is to gather up the gumption to go back to a finished build <_<

Thanks again for helping me build a very nice Tomcat to look at every day :rolleyes:

Look like the real beauty... :jaw-dropping:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Gianni

Thanks a bunch Gianni, I truly appreciate that :woot.gif:

/Jesse

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...