Hello all,

I won this Peace Van at club meeting.

HoverVan0977.jpg

Since I have already built three of these I decided to modify this one. My kids were watching Planet 51 and there are a lot of hover cars in that movie. I figure that even in the future, people will still want pizza’s delivered.

I used some extra parts, decals and greeblies to make up a futurefied interior for the van. I also added a headset for the delivery guy.

HoverVan1071.jpg

HoverVan1082.jpg

The wheel wells were filled in and many rounds of sanding took place.

HoverVan1109.jpg

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think

Els

Started some work on the bottom. Some of the million wheels that I have in the parts bin and an orange juice lid are being used for part of the hover mechanisms on the bottom of the van just to busy it up a bit.

HoverVan1110.jpg

I was going to use some wood and a piece of clear acrylic rod for the base but then I saw a cheap margarita glass with this base at Wally world.

HoverVan1113.jpg

The vents at the back were going to make it hard to decal so I ground them off. Yeah, more sanding…

HoverVan1118.jpg

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think.

Els

I have started thinking about the graphics for the van. Some pictures were found on the net and modified and others were made by me for my pizza company. I went with Banzai Pizza. I like the Asian influence in the movie Blade Runner, so I thought this would be cool.

HoverVan1119.jpg

The pictures were printed up on a piece of paper so that I could check the fit before printing the decals.

HoverVan1121.jpg

HoverVan1125.jpg

I am not sure if this is what I am going to go with but it is a start. I am going to paint the van red and white and I am not sure how these decals will look with that scheme.

Els

Thanks Chippy

Well it’s as done as it is going to get. I wish the decals would have turned out a bit better but, overall, I am happy with it.

HoverVan1153.jpg

HoverVan1145.jpg

HoverVan1138.jpg

HoverVan1152.jpg

This is probably not the sort of thread I'd tune into but the header caught my attention & my nosiness was well rewarded. That is a really cool build, fun, imaginative & looks the part too. Good stuff.:thumbsup:

Steve.

Thanks Steve

I don't usually check out the Weirdness forum either. Doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic. This was a fun project and a good break from aircraft.

I thought that I would post some pics of the other two Peace Vans that I have built.

One is a VF-101 Grim Reapers van and the other is based on the vans from the TV show LOST.

HoverVan1158.jpg

And the trio all together

HoverVan24Trio.jpg

Els

• 3 weeks later...