Dale Earnhardt's 1996 Monte Carlo - Japan

I used the Monogram round side kit instead of the slab side kit, so I could continue practicing my car building skills. The build was going so well, especially the body's finish, that I was greatly frustrated by the poor quality decals I was using. I had a no name decal sheet that I was planning to supplement with a Dale Jr BGN sheet. Both sheets were horrible quality, so I used bits of those sheets along with bits of a Powerslide and a Slixx sheet. I didn't want to cut into the Powerslide decal sheet, but those decals performed VERY well(I've ordered several replacement sheets). The build ended up being more involved that I originally intended, but I was very pleased with the final result.

So... for this build I used...

- Monogram Monte Carlo kit (round side)

- (no name) decal sheet for the B pillar, C pillar and nose stripe decals

- Monogram Dale Jr. BGN sheet for the side stripes, rear stripes and top grill opening

- Slixx 2001 Kevin Harvick sheet for the AC Delco hood and quarter panel decals, and the bottom grill opening

- Powerslide 1995-1996 Dale Earnhardt sheet for the numbers, signature, light outlines, Monte Carlo front script, contingencies and pretty much every thing else.

- Powerslide tire decals

- Krylon True Blue and Krylon White for the body

- Krylon Banner Red for the chassis

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

• 3 weeks later...