Hello all.

Am busy working on a convertion for Revells trumpeters 1/48 hind. I just need the dimentions of the Mi-35's tail rotor, the one that is similar to the Mi-28 tail rotor. If you have any detailed images that would be appriciated.

Am working on a CAD that I will print out from shapeway.

many thanks

To be precise, only Mi-35M have the Mi-28 rotor. I don't have dimensions, but i would recommend to either buy the Zvezda Mi-35M kit, or ask someone to measure it, i know Andre has that kit for instance.

IMG_4949.jpg

0_893e0_c49178fe_orig.jpg

0_893e1_c1cea2b6_orig.jpg

i would recommend to either buy the Zvezda Mi-35M kit, or ask someone to measure it, i know Andre has that kit for instance.

Yup - I could measure the 1/72nd Zvezda items after work.

HTH,

Andre

To be precise, only Mi-35M have the Mi-28 rotor. I don't have dimensions, but i would recommend to either buy the Zvezda Mi-35M kit, or ask someone to measure it, i know Andre has that kit for instance.

Based on a possibly not accurate drawing, the Mi-28 X double tail rotor measures out to around 3.75 meters diameter, with a blade width of 30 cm. If anybody comes up with anything more exact, I want to see how close my interpolations are....

John Hairell (tpn18@yahoo.com)

Which works out to be 3,816 m. So 6.6 cm difference compared to the drawing, not shabby.

Especially since I did my measurements with an old fashioned ruler of about 30 years old, not with a micrometer. ;)

Cheers,

Andre

Is this the new version of Mi-24 that they changed the name to Mi-35? Sorry, I don't have much of knowledge on Russian Helos. I know Russians manufactures tend to change names around on same subject with little difference.

Mike

Is this the new version of Mi-24 that they changed the name to Mi-35? Sorry, I don't have much of knowledge on Russian Helos. I know Russians manufactures tend to change names around on same subject with little difference.

Mike

"Mi-35" (and "Mi-25") are designations for export versions of the Mi-24.

Mike

Mi-35 (together with Mi-25) are the export names of Mi-24's. For example export Mi-24P is called Mi-35P. However, there is also a new version originally meant for export only, Mi-35M. That version has for example the Mi-28N rotor, cockpit changes, FLIR etc etc. On my pics you see Mi-35M, in Russian AF colors.

Based on a possibly not accurate drawing, the Mi-28 X double tail rotor measures out to around 3.75 meters diameter, with a blade width of 30 cm. If anybody comes up with anything more exact, I want to see how close my interpolations are....

Supercobra says diameter is 3.84 meters. The chord is .24 meters.