Hurricane Mk.I 1/48 Italeri

Hello Friends,

This is my first time here on Critique Corner, so please, be kind.

This is my last Finished Model, The Italeri's Hawker Hurricane Mk.I in 1/48, the aircraft represented here is from n° 303 Squadron (Polish), flown by F/O W. Urbanovicz, Northolt, September 1940.I will use this Model in a little diorama about BoB. The Diorama is called: "preparing to test" an for this I use two figures from the set that coming with Tamiya Spitfire Mk.V. Now the Hurricane are ready to flight and I need to work on the ground of the Diorama. Hope you enjoy.

P4260004-1.jpg

P4250033.jpg

P4250031.jpg

P4250025.jpg

P4250024.jpg

P42500212.jpg

P42500202.jpg

P42500182.jpg

P42500162.jpg

P42500032.jpg

Best,

Vini Pompeo

Whilst overall your build is pretty good, :thumbsup: Can I make a couple of points, if it is going out on a test flight then I think the gun ports should be covered over with the red dope patches. They were usually re applied after every flight that the guns had been fired (if they had time of course). Certainly it would not matter much if they were left as they were.

The rear fuselage of the Hurricane is made of fabric so you would not see any metal paint chips on it. Not sure if you have any there.

------------------

Thanks for your kind word friend,

I'm really sad about the right side door, because I dont cut it, it comes with the kit, its a mistake from Italeri and I did a thorough research about it. So, in the end its my fault too. Another thing that one friend tell is about the guns cover tape, but it is easy to be resolved. About the chipping in the rear fuselage is not metal is just an detail of the paint that need a retouch.

as I say, living and learning, building and growing

thanks for your comments,

best

I see what you mean now, thanks :thumbsup: I have only just noticeed the door too. As it happens I am not too sure that was used very much on Hurricanes. Most pictures you see of them seldom if ever show it open unlike the Spitfire which is much more common in use. I am sure somewhere I read a reason why it was the case. I could of course be totally wrong.

--------------------