Just got my Kinetic F-5 today

Wonder any one in US had pre-order from Lucky Model receive the order on this kit yet?

My order notice said: they sent out on JUL/16 and until now I'm still waiting for it?! :deadhorse1: Most of my friends in AUSTRALIA and CANADA they did! :)

let_models :)

Mine went out on the 23rd of July and still no joy. I imagine in the next week or so.

However, after seeing this thread I am a bit let down. Going by the pictures the Kinetic kit is no where near the level of the AFV F-5. I understand there is the price factor to consider, but still.....

Those side fuse inserts really have me puzzled/concerned. Why would Kinetic do that? Doesn't seem to make sense. Also looking at some of the sprue shots you can see the detail is much softer than the AFV kit.

I'll wait until I receive my kit to decide if I'm going to keep it or not.

Little more work going to be needed on the kit if you are building it with the Tip Tanks... They gave you two which will fit on one side As the profile of the wing is in the tank. Two identical sprue 'C' part #C27/C29 x 2. So you will have to scribe the access panels to the top of the tank on one side. Hope Kinetic fixes this on the next batch.

Mine went out on the 23rd of July and still no joy. I imagine in the next week or so.

However, after seeing this thread I am a bit let down. Going by the pictures the Kinetic kit is no where near the level of the AFV F-5. I understand there is the price factor to consider, but still.....

Those side fuse inserts really have me puzzled/concerned. Why would Kinetic do that? Doesn't seem to make sense. Also looking at some of the sprue shots you can see the detail is much softer than the AFV kit.

I'll wait until I receive my kit to decide if I'm going to keep it or not.

With that tip tank error I'll have to rethink what I might do to fix it, more than likely putty it.

I wouldn't throw it away, the kit is build-able so far even with some issues, but some real mistakes. They tried to replicate several variants and to include an older style IP probably would not have cost much. I also noticed that the nose profile is off a bit.... can't put my finger on it but it looks a bit off. I am defiantly going to use the AMS seat as a replacement and try my hand at a Scratch built IP.

There's no way to go back and add engraved detail to an existing mold... Don't count on it being fixed.

It is not the engraved detail (actually the engraved stuff can be fixed easy) it is the two Left side Tanks they provide.... Hope they make a right one too. I'll provide pictures once the battery on my camera is charged.

As opposed to the sequence shown in the link (and the instructions), it's much easier to do the "usual" join-the-front-and-back-fuselage-pieces before assembling the halves. The intake assemblies can also be added to each half before joining.

As for the "sunk" fuselage panels, drill a large hole in the panel recess, and after gluing the panel in, adjust from behind by pushing with a dowel through the hole to get a flush fit to the fuselage sides.

The overall fit of parts is not perfect, but still "pretty good".

Gene K

Edited by Gene K

I have one now, (thanks Jason West).

Definitely not Tamigawa, but better than the alternatives.

I am donating my wrecked Testors (almost scratchbuilt) version for some parts for mocking up new resin for this one. The only things I have already done is the proper seat and a "Skoshi Tiger" IFR probe at Sprue Bros.

If and when I get something else ready for it, I will post here.

Cheers,

Harold

I have one now, (thanks Jason West).

Definitely not Tamigawa, but better than the alternatives.

I am donating my wrecked Testors (almost scratchbuilt) version for some parts for mocking up new resin for this one. The only things I have already done is the proper seat and a "Skoshi Tiger" IFR probe at Sprue Bros.

If and when I get something else ready for it, I will post here.

Cheers,

Harold

You are welcome. it's really just the same as me sending you Sudafed so you can make me Meth...

Got my two kits, I thought to order two more at once. I plan to build 4 kits from included decal sheet only!

Best value for money for me!

After I cooled off I decided to wait for future RF of Twoseater boxes and than decide...

Thank you Kinetic.

You'll need to replace the US national insignias. Once again, despite the easy availability online of the exact method of constructing a correct one, Crossdelta screwed them up.

ANY PROGRESS ELMO?

Not a stitch this weekend.... Played host to my Sister and my Niece from Coquitlam, BC .... you know the usual Marine Land Niagara Falls stuff just because of that darn commercial they play on TV. So my Niece is happy, Grandpa and Uncle Em's wallets are a bit lighter. :rolleyes:

Was all in good fun.

Emil

• 4 weeks later...

Ill fitting side panels

2355878950034470781S600x600Q85.jpg

Cockpit with rails installed

2153911510034470781S600x600Q85.jpg

Sprue nubs on small parts just a PITA

2881797480034470781S600x600Q85.jpg

2065560990034470781S600x600Q85.jpg

Nose Landing gear bay Not glued but installed

2545002060034470781S600x600Q85.jpg

My choice will be the AMS seat on the right

2279817420034470781S600x600Q85.jpg

Weapons pylon sway braces.... not the greatest

2588668100034470781S600x600Q85.jpg

Some minor ejector pin marks need to be cleaned away on the intakes

2253517050034470781S600x600Q85.jpg

That's it for detail in the tail pipe

2061019710034470781S600x600Q85.jpg

Parts E21 and A2 identical can't tell the difference on the sprue, yet one is for the F-5A and the other is for the CF-116 and NF-5A

2312422670034470781S600x600Q85.jpg

What I have come across so far.... Holy Crap I'm turning into a rivet counter.... :rolleyes:

:cheers:

Emil

Emil,

Back in the seventies I was an engine mechanic on these machines. I'm not absolutely sure, but as far as I remember the difference between CF5/NF5 and 'standard'

panels underneath the engine was a round panel covering the air connection. This was needed to start the starboard J85-Can15 engine. Once that was running we

started the port engine with bleed air.

cheers,

Klaas