Hi folks,

thought I'd share my latest build with you. It's a Tamiya Audi Quattro with a couple of additions, I added the harnesses, built the front half of the roll cage and replaced the gear lever with the correct version,instead of the road car one.

As the kit is at least 20 years old I had a few problems with the decals, and ended up painting the red/grey/brown markings, and also had to make some new decals for the number plates and door numbers as they had turned cream instead of white.

Al

IMG_1342.jpg

Edit - oops I've just realised that the bonnet(hood) isn't closed properly :doh:

Edited by Engineer66

Cool looking Quattro, Sir! Excellent work.

I have great affection for this, the car (street version, of course) that finally seduced me away from motorbikin'. Yes, it was more reputation than actual ability, but a lovely bit of 80s flappiness! Do you happen to know if anyone makes a kit of the Walter Treser SWB jobbie?

Also, anyone remember Fast Lane magazine...?

OK, I know, I should go home now.... :rolleyes:

That is nice. When I was working a few summers ago I happened upon a persons driveway with a car sitting there covered up. Could faintly make out the Audi rings and the homeowner came outside so I asked him if he had a Quattro hidden under there? His face lit up and we sat there talking for about a half hour. Used up my lunch but was worth it.

Cool looking Quattro, Sir! Excellent work.

I have great affection for this, the car (street version, of course) that finally seduced me away from motorbikin'. Yes, it was more reputation than actual ability, but a lovely bit of 80s flappiness! Do you happen to know if anyone makes a kit of the Walter Treser SWB jobbie?

Also, anyone remember Fast Lane magazine...?

OK, I know, I should go home now.... :rolleyes:

Thanks Chippiewho.

The Quattro has always been a favourite of mine, when I was a kid i had a poster of it on my bedroom wall :rolleyes: I keep promising myself that one day I'll buy a real one, even if I only have it for a year. :D

Scale Production have a resin transkit for the quattro sport, for which you also need the tamiya kit as a donor (Can't use the revel or esci kits though) http://www.scaleproduction.de/product_info.php/info/p1626_Audi-quattro-sport-Roehrl-Mouton-1985.html

My brother used to buy Fast Lane magazine, so I read it for free :thumbsup:

Al

Thanks Chippiewho.

The Quattro has always been a favourite of mine, when I was a kid i had a poster of it on my bedroom wall :rolleyes: I keep promising myself that one day I'll buy a real one, even if I only have it for a year. :D

Scale Production have a resin transkit for the quattro sport, for which you also need the tamiya kit as a donor (Can't use the revel or esci kits though) http://www.scaleproduction.de/product_info.php/info/p1626_Audi-quattro-sport-Roehrl-Mouton-1985.html

My brother used to buy Fast Lane magazine, so I read it for free :thumbsup:

Al

Many thanks for the info, Sir -maybe the Mighty Q will now pull off a double, and tempt me away from aircraft modelling as well!

Many thanks for the info, Sir -maybe the Mighty Q will now pull off a double, and tempt me away from aircraft modelling as well!

Once you go race cars it's hard to go back. I find it increasingly more difficult to build airplanes now.

It's sort of gone the other way round for me,

Having just completed the Quattro, and a Triumph TR7 (and almost completed a Corolla WRC bar the clear cote and window frames) all in 1/24, and a Focus in 1/48 I fancied a change of subject so dug out a 'plane. And am now building the Esci 1/48 Viggen.

Al