Alclad II Destruction

A couple of years ago I built a 1:32 scale Hasegawa CF-104 finished in Alclad Airframe Aluminum and CanMilAir Decals which Bill had customed for me. Shortly after completing the monster, all of the decals and carrier turned black making it one ugly model.

At the time I has no idea what caused the decals to change...until today! I was in the process of finishing the decals on my latest project which also had an Alclad II finish. The decals needed a bit of help to settle into the panel lines so I applied a light brushing of Pollyscale decal softener and within 20 minutes I had a destroyed model on my hands. All of the decals on the fuselage and one wing were destroyed and the Alclad turned BLACK just like on the Starfighter.

I'll let the mess dry and next week I'll try to salvage the model..but it ain't going to be easy.

Barney

Thanks for the headsup on this Neo..I was unaware of the situation. The damaged area has been repaired..sort of..and re-primed so now we'll see what happens with the Alclad.

This time I'll Not use any decal setting/solvent at all. I'll post some pics later

Barney