All American Airways DC-3....Big Thank You!!!

Hey Guys, I've been on this forum for about a year now and I'm mainly a lurker but I'm damn glad I posted thread about 6-9 months ago. I came on here and asked if anyone knew who could make custom decals and people told me about Michael Vykukal of Vintage Flyer Decals. I sent Michael an email with a couple of pictures and about 2 weeks later I had these decals.

Why All American Airways? My grandfather worked for them and then my father was a pilot for Allegheny/USAir (for those who don't know, All American changed their name to Allegheny and then USAir). These pictures aren't the best, but I just wanted to post these. As soon as I'm completely done with it and have it all cleaned up, I will post better pictures.

In the mean time I just wanted to say a big Thank You to Michael, and he does excellent work!

Thanks Michael!

553595_10151963007025643_136898805_n.jpg

555597_10151960566115643_1104505009_n.jpg

Pretty Bird!

DC-3 is my first favorite, too!

Second is the Ercoupe, of all things.

Was N91221 one of the planes your granfather worked on - or did he work on all of 'em?

Edited by Fred

Pretty Bird!

DC-3 is my first favorite, too!

Second is the Ercoupe, of all things.

Was N91221 one of the planes your granfather worked on - or did he work on all of 'em?

Thanks!

He was a director of personnel, hiring and training pilots and mechanics. I know he flew the Stinson Reliants, training the pilots how to do the air mail pick up, not sure if he ever got in the DC-3 at AAA.

Nice job on the -3! It's work to get the minicraft kit looking that good!

It's actually the Monogram 1/48 kit. I'm 6ft 7in tall, so I don't have the smallest of hands, those Minicraft kits are hard for me to work with.

I've not heard of that decal company before. They look pretty nice though. How is the Monogram DC-3? I have the C-47 version in the stash and it has been calling to me.

Michael posts here I believe, at least this is where I found out about him.

It's a nice fitting model, this is the 3-4 airplane I've ever built so I'm not an expert on model critiquing.