A couple of my older, somewhat imcomplete, paintings

Hello all:

This is my first post to the Aviation Art forums.

On a recent trip back to my native Canada, I went through some of my stuff that's in storage at my mom's place and found a lot of my old artwork. I brought these two back to the Czech Republic with me as they were getting close to completion when I stopped working on them about ten years ago and I still have a desire to get them done or at least use them as a basis for new paintings once I get a flat with enough space to set up a corner for art stuff.

DSCF8128.jpg

DSCF8130.jpg

The Firefly was the Canadian Warplane Heritage restored flying one.

The Vampire is quite close cropped, but I'm thinking of using it to base a painting on a larger canvas.

Any and all comments welcomed.

Edited by Kevan Vogler

Kevan

That is excpetional bit of art work and painting...The second one could do with a bit of depth to the picture. they are bot extremely EXCELLENT to look at.. :worship::worship:

Would be proud to have them both on MY walls.

Thanks very much Holmes.

I agree with you about the Vampire's background. I'm thinking about redoing the background entirely and am trying to find a few decent aerial pictures of RAF Habbaniya from the era this aircraft was stationed there to use as a basis for a new background.