So how long is too long?

It depends, if someone respond fast on PM's or Email, and you see that is a good guy, then give it a try and wait a bit more. If someone is hard to reach, gives short responses and give excuses why the package is not sent yet and so on, then start to think...

Also it depends on where does the seller live, and where the buyer. If you selling me something from USA to EU, it gonna take long.

In my opinion, all that pass 1 month is suspicious.

I'm a bit short on patience when it come to this, so if you have paid for your item, you have the right to receive the item ASAP, at least that's what I think...

• 4 weeks later...

At what point is it reasonable to go public with a bad trader/seller? I'm generally willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt--up to a point--but I'd be curious to hear about other people's thresholds.

-David

David,

I waited from DECEMBER till June 2010 , seven months before I started a thread and even then and now the trader who is a ARC member here never made good his promise and I lost MY money and the full order was not completed.

It depends on your own mind set. <_<

I gave up and posted my issues in a separate thread. The infuriating part is that the guy ignores my emails, phone calls, and personal messages, but continues to post here (including in a thread I started).

I don't know who I'm more irritated with, myself for falling for this or him for not following through.

Even sellers/traders can get depressed, private matters, loss of a friend/familymember, divorce or illness.

In the end most persons will get back to you especially when you kept hammering, claiming your trade/buy/refund.

Still there are crooks out there, sure about that.

Duncan

• 1 month later...

I think it depends on the circumstances. I had a guy I bought from completely disappear on me and after about 2 months I posted something here. Luckily, someone happened to know how to find him on Facebook and I tracked him down. Even after tracking him down on Facebook it finally took me threatening legal action for him to make good. Some guys are just turds

Last week I posted my Moving Sale and for me I feel that the seller should make every attempt to get the requested kit in the mail ASAP, anything over a week is too long.

Scott

Don't be so quick to judge, there is a thing out there that I'm not sure you heard of its called "LIFE"

• 2 months later...

If someone is hard to reach, gives short responses and give excuses why the package is not sent yet and so on, then start to think...

I've had this question my self and have the above issue. I've been waiting since August and my last response from the seller was in November. My stuff went to another person and vise versa. I at least got a name and address of this other person and with a little luck found his email address on the web. I sent him his stuff and my stuff is suppose to be on the way but I haven't seen it yet.

Still not sure if my stuff is coming or not and it is even what I bought.