I haven't posted something to ARC in ages, but here is my recently finished M24 Chaffee.

This one was built from the box with just a little extra detailing and a few extra bits thrown in.

Bronco has produced a rather complex kit but I must say I really enjoyed this project. :)

m24afvm01.JPG

m24afvm03.JPG

m24afvm02.JPG

m24afvm04.JPG

m24afvm05.JPG

Any and all comments are welcome! :)

Very pretty. Could you share a bit about your finishing technique?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

The entire model was primed with black (Citadel spraycan) and then a basecoat of OD was applied using a number of Lifecolor acrylics to get a basecoat with some variations to it.

After a satin clear coat (Citadel again) the markings were applied followed by a second coat of clear to protect the surface from washes and weathering.

Washing was done with suitable AK Interactive solutions. A little paint chipping and scuffing was done with dark colored artist pencils. Finally the mud was added using suitable AK pigments and fixer.

Forgot to say that the build is described in a recent article of AFV Modeller (issue 64), although the description focus on construction of the Bronco kit. But there are a few in progress pics during finishing there also.

HTH! :)

Thanks for the tip.

You really have no idea how much I like your style. I think most armor is over-weathered, so seeing your understated, subtle, but very effective approach is like a breath of fresh air.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Anders,

:wub:

WHOA,! What a STUNNING M24 Chaffee.

The weathering is FANTASTIC.

Your technique has turned your armor to looking VERY IMPRESSIVE.

Just really BEAUTIFUL Workmanship...

:worship: :worship:

Edited by HOLMES
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I completely missed these last replies as I didn't seem to get any notification this time.

Nice work Anders.

How was the track assembly?

kind regards.

Thanks Sven! The links went together very good, although the completed track runs are very fragile and require great care when installing.

As soon as they were in their proper position I fixed everything with thin superglue to keep the runs from falling apart.

Wonderful, really inspiring stuff. Makes me think about the Chaffees in my stash too!

Regards

Adam

Thanks Adam! Glad my build could inspire, and the Bronco kit sure is top notch. :)

Thanks John!

The stowage is a mix of scratchbuilt items (sculpted out of Magic Sculp or made from folded silk fabric) along with stuff from the spares box.

Here is a pic showing the various items before painting:

P1010240copy.jpg

The crew in the turret was taken from the Tamiya M26 Pershing, while the driver is some generic torso with a Warrior Models head.

Thanks again! :thumbsup:

Edited by Anders_Isaksson
  • 1 month later...