Ratel 20 IFV South African Defence Force

I am calling the Ratel 20 "done"!!

A few "in progress pics" here: http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=233961

Could still have a few things touched up/added but I have decided to leave it as is!

This is my 1/35 resin “Red Carpet Models†Ratel 20 IFV of the South African Defence Force while being used by Natal Mounted Rifles in 1988.

Although tank crew, I spent a month as crew on this particular Ratel.

All the hand holds, railings and the rear turret gun mountings were made using various thickness wire supplied with the kit.

I drilled out the solid crew commander position and vacuum molded a new hatch lid.

It was a great kit to build, unfortunately this company has closed down and this particular kit is unavailable.

There is however a 1/35 Ratel available by Baxmod (http://www.baxmod.co.za)

Now to start with "My" SADF Olifant Mk1

107_8607.jpg

107_8593.jpg

107_8597.jpg

107_8604.jpg

107_8598.jpg

107_8599.jpg

Edited by gregair

Nice work there mate. Have you considered dirtying her up a bit more? I reckon a bit more light weathering would finish it off nicely... :thumbsup:

Thanks.

I felt it was a bit too weathered / dusty (see in progress) but then I glossed it to put the decals on and then gave a coat of mat clear...most of the dusty weathering dissapeared, including the scratches, marks on the hulls front armour.

I may leave it as it is, if you look at the 1st photo of the real Ratel you will see that its not very weathered.

But some day I may just rough it up a little more!

Thanks.

I felt it was a bit too weathered / dusty (see in progress) but then I glossed it to put the decals on and then gave a coat of mat clear...most of the dusty weathering dissapeared, including the scratches, marks on the hulls front armour.

I may leave it as it is, if you look at the 1st photo of the real Ratel you will see that its not very weathered.

But some day I may just rough it up a little more!

Looks great nonetheless :thumbsup: