EMBRAER EMB 121 Xingu - scratch - 1:72

Hi Guys.

This is a long term project that I'm working for about one year now. I'm post here since this will be finished in civil colors.

It started with a wood block and some three view drawings. I will post here the pictures since the beginning until the actual stage. I hope you enjoy it.

xingu_72_02.jpg

xingu_72_01.jpg

xingu_72_06.jpg

xingu_72_07.jpg

Cheers,

Marcos.

Imagine how fun this can be:

1 - you realize you want a specific model, in a specific scale;

2 - you find out there's absolutely nothing injected or casted out for the model you want, no companies - Hasegawa, Minicraft, Revell, whatever - ever cared to release it;

3 - you got the tools, you got the skills. So what do you do?

YES, YOU BUILD IT FROM SCRATCH!

Dude, this is some serious modeling here, I only wish someday I learn at least half of what it takes to do this!

Marcos, it's a splendid work, my friend!

Best regards - Abraço!!!

Eduardo

Edited by carioca

Hi Marcos,

Really impressive job you are doing here. You gave me a lot of idea and I your post was very self explaining.

I hope I will be able to do a job as good as yours,

Thank you for sharing,

Boz

Many Thanks Boz.

Here is one more picture of the bottom just before the crack.

xingu_72_133.jpg

As I said before the model was disassembled at this point and I started a new fuselage and wings. I took the opportunity to improve the geometry of the wings and also improve the fuselage halves joint. The picture shows were it breaks. In the new fuselage I glued a styrene strip along the entire joint.

xingu_72_134.jpg

xingu_72_142.jpg

xingu_72_144.jpg

xingu_72_147.jpg

xingu_72_149.jpg

Cheers,

Marcos.

Thanks Boz and Moritz.

Boz, the wings are resin copies from the EMB 110C "Bandeirante" kit of Libety kits. Mr. Odair, the owner of Liberty kits, allowed me to make those copies. Then I worked from it cutting the tips and shortening the wing to fit the Xingu dimensions. This is something "similar" to what Embraer did in the development of the Xingu. Now I will do a mold for the Xingu wings.

Cheers,

Marcos.

• 1 month later...