hi all,its punk weekend in blackpool,its the only weekend i feel underdressed,so no moggelling this weekend,in the immortal words of sham 69,and the velvety tones of jimmy pursey "hurry up harry,were going down the pub"see you all when my brain reactivates about wednesday i would think cheers don

Jet boy,

Looks like your brain is addled already..! :tease: :tease:

REMOGGELLING?..................Is that Moggy rebuilding... :hmmm:

Looks like you might have had too much FUN which is always good... :punk:

By the way I like that song

Edited by HOLMES

hi all,its punk weekend in blackpool,its the only weekend i feel underdressed,so no moggelling this weekend,in the immortal words of sham 69,and the velvety tones of jimmy pursey "hurry up harry,were going down the pub"see you all when my brain reactivates about wednesday i would think cheers don

OMG, what planet are you from? That was one sentence of rambling incoherence. I need a British colloquial decoder ring.

There is another guy here on ARC that does the same thing. Calls everyone "bloke" and fills his "conversational" sentences with what seems to be British pub slang.

OMG, what planet are you from? That was one sentence of rambling incoherence. I need a British colloquial decoder ring.

There is another guy here on ARC that does the same thing. Calls everyone "bloke" and fills his "conversational" sentences with what seems to be British pub slang.

Glad I wasn't the only one who really had trouble deciphering what exactly was written there.....

Moggelling?

And who the heck is Jimmy Pursey? :blink:

And who the heck is Jimmy Pursey? :blink:

If I may, Sir:

That was the bit I did get! In the late 1970s, Mr Pursey fronted a band called Sham 69. IMO, these were not an actual Punk act, but one of many wannabes who got on the bandwagon.

69968356_42440d998f_o.jpg

Their undistinguished canon includes such titles as 'Borstal Breakout', 'Angels With Dirty Faces' and the above-quoted 'Hurry Up Harry'.

FFWD to the present day when, somewhat ironically, Pursey is an articulate and well-informed commentator on the British Punk/New Wave era whilst many of its formerly more 'credible' proponents are barely worth the time of day.

I am sure your life is enormously enhanced by this wisdom! :cheers:

Edited by ChippyWho

hi all,i made it through the weekend,thanks for your replie's very entertaining,here a photo out of the local paper,one of the better hairstyles of the weekend,its even got a moggeling theme slightly

038-6.jpg

dont think i'll go for that one,trying to keep what hair ive got best wishes don

Jetboy - You get 5 punk points for starting this thread.

Arkhunter - You you get 0 punk points but I can authorize 12 ska points.

ChippyWho - 20 punk points for the comment about Sham 69 not actually being punk.

RKic - minus 5 punk points for you for not believing in the power of punk.

-Xavi

Your friendly ARC neighborhood punk

Xavi. I do believe in the power of punk, just wasn't expecting it here. The ARC crowd seems like they'd rather hear "Bad Moon Rising" instead of "Marquee Moon" and "Don't Take Your Guns to Town" rather than "The Guns of Brixton" :)

All four are examples of some great music, just can't imagine a lot of these guys sporting mohawks and flailing around in mosh pits. :D

Xavi. I do believe in the power of punk, just wasn't expecting it here. The ARC crowd seems like they'd rather hear "Bad Moon Rising" instead of "Marquee Moon" and "Don't Take Your Guns to Town" rather than "The Guns of Brixton" :)

Actually, the ARC crowd has a fondness for Rush. That has been documented through numerous threads. They are practically the official ARC band.

All four are examples of some great music, just can't imagine a lot of these guys sporting mohawks and flailing around in mosh pits. :D

You can keep the Creedence stuff, I'd rather have the punk. I prefer the LA scene though, Boingo, X, Surf Punks, Agent Orange, Missing Persons...something about spending '77-'82 at MCAS El Toro. KROQ Roqs Pa - 'sah - de - 'nah!

You can keep the Creedence stuff, I'd rather have the punk. I prefer the LA scene though, Boingo, X, Surf Punks, Agent Orange, Missing Persons...something about spending '77-'82 at MCAS El Toro. KROQ Roqs Pa - 'sah - de - 'nah!

Black Flag (pre-Rollins), and my all time favorite the almighty DESCENDENTS!