Bf 109 B/C cockpit reference pics

Hi All

Just wondering what the differences in cockpit details are between the Bf 109 E and the earlier marks i just recieved a Ventura Messerschmitt Bf 109B/C kit very cheaply off Ebay and suffice to say there is verly little in the way of cockpit details so the idea was to use a surplus Tamiya E cockpit as a source of details plus some scratch building. For this i need some pics of early 109 cockpits, does anybody know of any good reference websites or books?

Cheers

Brad

P.s. i did do a google search but most if not all of the pics seemed to be E cockpits

:D, One thing I can tell you is I'm pretty sure most of the cockpit was the pretty much the same but the control column had a spade grip like in a Spitfire or Hurricane. From memory though, the entire column and grip moved when the ailerons were deflected and not just the top part with the spade grip. The E an subsequent models had a stick type grip as in modern fighters atop the control column and this also moved with the column when ailerons were deflected.

The oxygen regulator on the RHS of the cockpit was pretty much the same, with maybe small differences and the throttle quadrent on the LHS was also very similar. cockpit framing was pretty much the same as was the instrument panel. When I say "pretty much the same" I mean you will probably get away with using most of the E model cockpit with just a spade grip from a junked Hurricane or early model Yak.

You don't mention the scale in your post but whetther it's 1/72 or 1/48 isn't important. You could even scratch build the spade grip as I have on a 1/72 Matchbox Gloster Gladiator. HTH.

:cheers:,

Ross.

Thanks Ross and Donss3 your information has been invaluble! by the way its 1/48 scale and the cockpit reminds me of the level of detail you would find in 1/72 or even 1/144 ! the instructions actually say "-add extra detail as required to cockpit, e.g. side consoles" i had to have a bit of a chuckle when i read that! but i bought the kit for around $5 so i am not complaining im just going to turn it into a kit bashing scratch building excercise will post pics if anyone is interested?

Cheers

Brad