Another question on washes

Not tried it but I have to admit that it seems abit pricey, you could get the same results from getting similiar products from any decent art or craft store.........for alot less!

Also the idea of ready-to-use washes isn't ideal, you will probably want to vary the consistency or mix colours yourself.

Just my thoughts.........which I hope are alittle more constructive then MoFo's :)

HTH

- Joe

• 5 weeks later...
Instead of buying the Detailer I use the Inks and Washes from Citadel.

They are the same, come in more colors and are IMHO the best thing I can use for both kits, and figures

I've got some of those from my old Warhammer days but never ended up using them... Can you give me any tips? I've been wondering about using them, and use mostly sludge these days.

I've used the detailer on several models, and have a few observations...

First, they're very easy to use, just brush on and wipe off with a wet q-tip. i find that they are more useful for detailing cockpits and wheel wells and such, but i still like oil washes for exterior panel lines. make sure that when you are wiping them off that they have not dried completely, because once dry they form a kind of rubber-like texture (like dried rubber cement) that will peel itself out of the detail. One negative point is that they dry glossy, so you'll need to flat coat over them. Like I say, i've used them on many models, and if you have any questions, I'll be glad to help.

--mike

Instead of buying the Detailer I use the Inks and Washes from Citadel.

They are the same, come in more colors and are IMHO the best thing I can use for both kits, and figures

I've got some of those from my old Warhammer days but never ended up using them... Can you give me any tips? I've been wondering about using them, and use mostly sludge these days.

John,

I thin the washes and inks a little with distilled water and apply with a soft brush

let them sit a bit before I use a q tip or cotton ball to clean up the excess.

Always clearcoat the model before doing any washes tho, this way if I make a boo boo All I have to do is clean it up and the base paint is safe.