This was supposed to be a "quicky" but after problems with Decal Solvent over Alclad II, it was slowed down due to the need to repaint part of the model. The kit itself is a very well thought out bit of engineering with perfect fit and no clean-up required. I did use the new Vector cowlings and props but did not try using the crabkcase fronts.

This aircraft was modelled after serial 2263, DK*R, used by #1 Air Armament School, Trenton in 1950. The 1:1 model did not have the nose or ventral gins installed. From photos, it appeared that the aircraft may have been over sprayed with aluminum lacquer for corrosion control.

Barney

Ventura_001jpg_001.jpg

Ventura_001jpg_007.jpg

Ventura_001jpg_010.jpg

Ventura_001jpg_006.jpg

Very nice. I liiiiike.

Just out of interest, where did you get your roundels?

I'm looking forward to doing my Lancaster as a RCAF maritime patrol, and I already have the markings for the F-86 and the C-119, along with the collection of DHC and Avro rigs, I'll have a nice Canuckistani collection.

I think I'm a sucker for red flashing.

Edited by Dakota Roo

...and my eyesight is getting terrible.

I hope I'm able to produce models of such quality when my eyesight gets worse. Right now I need 1.5 drug store readers and I use those in conjunction with a magnifier. I followed the link you provided when you commented on my Corsair (by the way, thanks for taking the time to post :thumbsup: ) and I must say you're one talented modeler, Barney. You have some very impressive builds there. Nicely done, sir.

:cheers:

Mike