Hi all,

I had post some of my artworks too long ago on this forum and it's really great to come back here again and below are some of my current artworks for a book I am working on...

Hope you all enjoy....

Cheers

Flying Tiger

The last "Bou" out of Danang before the enemy over ran the air base, late March 1975...

The painting is done with Corel Painter 12.

ThelastBouleftDN_final.jpg

UH-1H Gunship pencil sketch done with Corel Painter 12

UH-1_gun_1_final_reduced.jpg

A-1H Skyraider, quick illustration artwork done with Corel Painter 12.

a-1H_514_and_518_final.jpg

Pencil artwork done with Corel Painter 12.

UH-1H-34_O-1pencilsketch.jpg

Magazine front cover artwork done with Corel Painter 12.

bao_ly_tuong_2012_final_WIP_done_reduced.jpg

Comic sketch style illustration of an A-37 pilot in flight done with Corel Painter 12.

A-37pilot_linedrawing.jpg

Detail drawings study of rocket pod and armament sub system for typical VNAF UH-1 gunship...

UH-1_armament_system_sketch_12CAD.jpg

A-1E pencil drawing done with Procreate app.

A-1E_pencil_sketch_procreate-1.jpg

Edited by Flying Tiger

Flying Tiger,

Really magnificent , stunningly

Beautiful art work. :worship:

I especially love the pencil sketches.

THEY ARE ALL AWESOME ....GORGEOUS artistery :wub: :wub:

Welcome back.please keep on posting more. :salute:

Edited by HOLMES

Flyi g Tiger,

EXCEPTIONAL pencil sketches. :worship:

Is that self portrait in the cockpit :whistle:

Thanks HOLMES....and no, that's not my self portrait...I wish it was me though...;). I was a kid when this photo was taken back in the early 60s that I used as ref for the sketch...

That was Colonel Pham Long Suu, the first commander of the 516th FS, one of the first FS in the VNAF of early days of the war. I did this sketch as a tribute to him when he passed away couple of years ago...

Cheers

FT.

Thanks HOLMES....and no, that's not my self portrait...I wish it was me though...;). I was a kid when this photo was taken back in the early 60s that I used as ref for the sketch...

That was Colonel Pham Long Suu, the first commander of the 516th FS, one of the first FS in the VNAF of early days of the war. I did this sketch as a tribute to him when he passed away couple of years ago...

Cheers

FT.

FT,

Thank you for the explanation behind the portrait .

It must have been quite an experience for you to see what was going on at that time.

It is a very good portrait and a nice tribute to the pilot. :thumbsup:

FT,

Thank you for the explanation behind the portrait .

It must have been quite an experience for you to see what was going on at that time.

It is a very good portrait and a nice tribute to the pilot. :thumbsup:

Thanks and yes HOLMES, even I was very young and lived with the war was happening around....but I remember so clearly what was going on and nothing beats the real things, seeing the fighters and all other types of plane flew over our house circling for landing or taking off was just awesome...

Cheers

CH

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks Gentlemen for your compliment, much appreciated and here is my latest drawing, a study pencil drawing of a VNAF 219th King Bees H-34 rescuing a down US Army UH-1E gunship in Laos, a true storey I've learned quite sometime ago but only now to have a chance to do it....

Cheers

FT.

KingBee_rescue_pencil_sketch_reduced.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Love it, FT! Do you use a stylus with Procreate? I have been looking at them and wondering if I should spring for one. Again, you do wonderful work. Thanks for posting.

Don

Hi Don, sorry I haven't been to the forum for a while....and yes, I am using a stylus with Procreate coz I think it's more natural to draw with a pen instead of a finger and I am going to get the new stylus with touch sensitive and it's more like a pen with pointed tip:

http://hex3.co/products/jaja

I am using a few apps on my ipad2 but Procreate is one of the best. Other apps such as SketchBook Pro, Brushes, Artstudio are good too.

Thanks Don.

Cheers

FT

Hi Don, sorry I haven't been to the forum for a while....and yes, I am using a stylus with Procreate coz I think it's more natural to draw with a pen instead of a finger and I am going to get the new stylus with touch sensitive and it's more like a pen with pointed tip:

http://hex3.co/products/jaja

I am using a few apps on my ipad2 but Procreate is one of the best. Other apps such as SketchBook Pro, Brushes, Artstudio are good too.

Thanks Don.

Cheers

FT

Thanks! I was looking at the Jaja a few weeks ago. It's nice to know it is finally shipping.

Don

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Gents and here are couple of recent sketches I've done for idea of paintings I wanna do next....

"Loosing first wingman" was inspired by real story from a book called "A Vietnamese fighter pilot in an American war" by Major Tran Ba Hoi, describing how he lost his first wingman in a bombing mission at a ordnance and hardware station of the communist deep in the jungle in early 60s.

T-28_loosing_1st_wingman_reduced.jpg

Another Kingbee H-34 sketch inspired from real story, On Christmas Day, 1968, our team was on a small hilltop, surrounded by NVA troops who torched the vegetation around the hill and were attempting to burn us off the hilltop. At the last moment, as our entire team was choking on smoke and ashes, then-Capt. Nguyen van Tuong piloted his H-34 down a steep mountainside to our LZ. His rotorwash pushed back the flames until our team boarded the chopper. As he lifted-off, flames consumed the area we had vacated.

King_Bee_maj_nqa_hill_top.jpg