F/A-18E Super Hornet VFA-31 Tomcatters CAG Bird Squadron 75th Annivers

I hope some one can help me. Would like to build this beautiful plane but did anyone ever seen this bird with any kind of ordnance? I know that anniversary CAG birds rarely flies with weapons but i hope that there was case that this jet was seen with some kind of ordnanece. Any idea what armament to put on this jet?

TIA

There is absolutely NO difference between CAG and line jets when on cruise or deployment. Or workups or any other time. Squadrons may send CAG jets to airshows or display more often and certainly the gloss paint is much easier to maintain looking good than the flat paints.

Someone should pin this. It seems to come up all the time...

-brian

I am currently building the same jet with these markings. I plan on using 3 fuel tanks center and wings all the flir pods AIM-9X on the wingtips and GBU-10 on the wings as well. I thought about using a SLAMMER because they look tough but I will more than likely use some sort of GBU or JDAM.

There is absolutely NO difference between CAG and line jets when on cruise or deployment. Or workups or any other time. Squadrons may send CAG jets to airshows or display more often and certainly the gloss paint is much easier to maintain looking good than the flat paints.

Someone should pin this. It seems to come up all the time...

-brian

Thanks Brian and Gonzalo.

I know about CAG jets in combat, but this jet never saw combat so i dont know what to put on stations. Maybe just fuel tanks and Sidewinders but it looks so empty without any bombs. But i dont know if that would be accurate