1/72 UH-60L Pinnacle Landing Dio

Thanks guys!

Ray, I don't think I'll have a chance to start those until summer...

Norbert, I do have a jumping figure... we'll see where he lands :cheers:

hcc, it's supposed to be Afghanistan, circa 2010. Decals were from Werner Wings, and the CO-NG decals I drew up a little while back and had Joe Osborn custom print (I drew up some for a Colombian UH-60, this was before the "night raid" UH-60 came out w/ Australian & Colombian options). Here are pics of the real bird, and if you check out MarineHawk12's pics, there are a ton of CO-NG birds (invaluable when drawing the decals).

I got the base painted to a point that I have been the most satisfied with. I'm debating if I want to try and finish it with oils or vallejo...

047.JPG

048.JPG

049.JPG

Sand makes for pretty good gravel/small rocks) in 1/72...

17912-o.jpg

Take care,

Austin

Hi Austin

I think you should do the M-240 for Floyd instead of me...

take care with sand, do not take river sand with round edges, better brocken stones with sharp edges and a lot of dust.

An option is to take brocken and pilled plaster...

Have a nice day

Norbert

This is really looking awesome, Austin! I really like how you have the coning angle and pitch on the MR blades

You're inspiring me to think about starting work on my 1/35 '60. Thinking of trying something different - maybe a VIP bird or how about the Brainerd Firehawk (the only commercial S-70 built by Sikorsky)?

Thanks!

Norbert, I took your advice and added some chipped plaster to enhance the gravel look. Needless to say, it looks a lot better with it.

Matt, a VIP bird would be pretty cool. Not too keen on firehawks, I think the paint jobs aren't very attractive on a blackhawk. The old black and gold CBP blackhawk is a pretty sharp scheme, one I wouldn't mind doing in 1/72...

I finished it this morning. Many thanks for all of your suggestions and motivation along the way, and a big thanks to Mason & Floyd for the decals!

052.JPG

053.JPG

054.JPG

057.JPG

059.JPG

060.JPG

061.JPG

063.JPG

064.JPG

072.JPG

• 2 weeks later...