Like I said before. The ARC group build as we know it, is a thing of the past. Steve is too busy with his real job, his life, to give a whoop about the ARC forum these days.

We so called group build mods have not been given any actual functional abilities like opening or closing threads.

We can't do diddly, so please stop sending us (or at least me) angry PMs about group build issues.

I know it sucks. I don't like it either.

Yep we are powerless just like you!! Our job is to set up the calendar so we can plan GB's

We are currently looking at a new system to make GB more efficient

I've sent PMs, I've sent email, and I've posted in threads. I'm trying to keep this on the radar so it doesn't fizzle into a vapor GB. I'm not trying to call anyone out, just trying to keep it on the radar, as I've said.

Aaron

I set this site up a few years ago when ARC was offline,seldom viewed or used since,you guys are more than welcome to set up shop there until Steve flips the switch for the forum here.Mods for this GB can let me know who they are and I can set the permissions for them.

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Plastic_Modeling/index.php?showforum=35

Maybe I'm missing something here, but all of us start threads all the time for our works-in-progress, tech questions, etc., etc. Why can't one of us just start a thread in one of the general forums and call it the "insert-GB-name-here" thread? :whistle:

Edited by Big Daddy

We have done that before. I have added a temporary GB thread for the two overdue GBs in the calander section. Lets keep everything for each GB in those two until Steve makes them official. Hopefully he will notice the extra stuff in the calander and make it happen.

Edited by phantom

We have done that before. I have added a temporary GB thread for the two overdue GBs in the calander section. Lets keep everything for each GB in those two until Steve makes them official. Hopefully he will notice the extra stuff in the calander and make it happen.

Yay! Thanks, phantom! :thumbsup:

Don

I set this site up a few years ago when ARC was offline,seldom viewed or used since,you guys are more than welcome to set up shop there until Steve flips the switch for the forum here.Mods for this GB can let me know who they are and I can set the permissions for them.

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Plastic_Modeling/index.php?showforum=35

It's there if you guys want to use it,just trying to help out.

It's there if you guys want to use it,just trying to help out.

I'll bookmark that forum for posible future use anyway. Thanks for helping!

Edit:

Oh wow, there is actually occasional traffic there, might have to post there sometimes too.

Edited by Pete

I for one am getting a little peeved at how long it is taking. I've been looking forward to the Living History GB for months. Now that it is supposed to be on, I have started a kit, but the WIP is going to suffer from time-lag amnesia as a result.

ALF

Thank you Terry. I assume that we all realize real life happens outside of these forums, but communication lines seem to be thin or nonexistant for Group Builds recently. Most puzzling is that they are "pre-approved" for start and finish dates with little progress when the time comes around. Maybe the GB Moderating team needs to be granted more power for their subforum.

Aaron

Us guys on the moderator team don't have any powers to do those things. Steve Filak does but he hasn't been around a while that I know of. Hopefully when Steve returns from vacation we can get this straightened out for y'all....