I hate to do this, but I only have so much patience. A recent transaction with Otto Kudrna (Otto here on the boards) has been marked by a failure to folow through on his part and a complete lack of communication.

In April I sent Otto money for a Mercury-Redstone conversion set he was selling. Two weeks later, when it didn't arrive, I PM-ed him. After several days he replied that the zip code was wrong and the PO was sending it back to him (which struck me as odd, but whatever). Weeks went by. In June he said he was overseas for work but that as soon as he returned he'd send me the set and email me the tracking number. Neither of those things happened. Since April he's promised to get the set in the mail at least three times, with no apparent follow through. I have sent him multiple PMs, multiple emails, posted on the forums here, and left two messages on his phone. I've heard nothing in response.

I'm willing to cut him some slack if he is really overseas as he claims, but he continues to be active on the boards here, suggesting he isn't as incommunicado as he claims.

At this stage, I've managed to track down a different Mercury-Redstone conversion, so I'd really just like my money back. I've filed a complaint with Paypal, but I'm not optimistic.

I have a complete timeline of this failed transaction if anyone is interested. My advice would be to avoid buying from Otto until he's sorted out whatever is going on on his end.

• 4 months later...