August 16th will mark seven years since I joined ARC. It boggles the mind how much has changed. In many ways I miss the older, smaller, simpler ARC. But it is interesting to see many of the same names posting today as back then, and to even see some of the same running jokes (move on people!). I've seen members blow up and quit, I've seen members get married, have kids, divorce, and in some cases even die.

In my whole life, I never lived in the same house for seven years. It's almost funny then that I'm still visiting the same forum. I guess that despite its very many foibles, this really is a good forum.

Here's to seven more years. :cheers:

I'm only coming up on 1 year but I can tell you this. ARC is by far the best forum I have ever had the opportunity to be a part of. To be honest with you its the only modeling forum I can actually run through and find things on a whim when I'm in a hurry. I will definitely be here for years to come. Thanks to ARCer's I have learned so much my modeling has excelled in ways that I never dreamed. Thank you all for everyones help. JOSH

Member 42! I am the answer! Kneel to me!

Darth Tater

I wonder why old one like you have -(negative) in front of you post # Did they use to count backwards in 03?

I wonder why old one like you have -(negative) in front of you post # Did they use to count backwards in 03?

My progress of going foward is so awesome numbers have started counting backwards out of fear!

Darth Tater

Wow, signed up june/04. I was workinh, hadn't had my heart attack yet, and still had 2 legs. No great grandkids, now I have 3. twempest doth indeed fugit.. I've had the pleasure of meeting Steve twice, and have formed a nice cyber friendship with him. It's also great to see my old friend Terry Sumner make an occasional appearance. I visit here at least 3 times daily, along with Hyperscale and Modeling Madness. Plus, I have my own site, halsr.com Anyone interested please PM me for instructions on how to join. Hal

Member number 88, 9 years and counting. I can't believe it has been that long. It is amazing the changes I have seen both in the site and the hobby as a whole. Here's to another (enter your years here) :cheers: .

Dave Fassett

Edited by Bulldog 09

I have been a member for a little over 7 years. What is amazing to me is that nearly 5,000 people joined during the 2 years from start to my joining, (and nearly 3 times that since).

Darwin

Edited by yardbird78

Member 69 here. I think I'm well over 10 years in one form or another with ARC. I still lurk now and again. Not much time for models these days - maybe get back to them someday soon. Still have quite the 'stash' in the basement (lotsa Hornets yet).

Time does seem to fly lately. I think I'm #70. 9 years. Some years didn't post much as other things were going on such as life. But I frequent ARC more now that things have settled down, I have all my kits in one place no longer in storage. The work bench up and running so fun to start building again.

Chuck

Fly Navy