I noticed that Academy is releasing their rebox of Hobbycraft's 1/48 T-33 again(There is also the new 1/72 Platz kit) Most ANG units had one or more T-33s assigned; usually wearing a variation of the same markings. I am wondering if there would be interest in an ANG T-33 sheet. I am thinking about including markings for units that I have covered in my F-100,F-101 and F-102 sheets and a few others: this could lend itself to interesting "big brother & little brother" builds, with a T-33 next to the main fighter type the ANG unit was flying at the time. Any thoughts?

Edited by KursadA

I'm doing precisely that with an F-106 and T-33 in Calif. Air National Guard colors (194th FIS, 1980) All active duty fighter squadrons and Reserve and ANG at one time had T-33s assigned. There are at least 20 different schemes from which to choose from the old Air Defense Command alone.

So yes, I would be interested in a decal sheet.

I'd like to see a New Mexico ANG T-33,they wore a similar scheme to those used on their F-80's and later Hun's.

Another would be Portlands 142FIS T-33 in the Hill Grey/Egypt 1 scheme circa 1987/88. I know Superscale covered the jet with full colour Redhawks tail art....but i'd like to see the low viz tail art done

I'd like to see a New Mexico ANG T-33,they wore a similar scheme to those used on their F-80's and later Hun's.

Another would be Portlands 142FIS T-33 in the Hill Grey/Egypt 1 scheme circa 1987/88. I know Superscale covered the jet with full colour Redhawks tail art....but i'd like to see the low viz tail art done

Xtradecal did the Oregon ANG T-33 markings on a 1/72 sheet not long ago.

I'd like to see NM ANG F-80/T-33 markings too.

-Derek

Edited by viking73

Now this would be a great time to add decals for one of the many T-33s that NASA has flown to a T-33 ANG sheet. Of course, the preferred scale would be in 1/72!

http://floridamemory.com/items/show/90341

http://www.dfrc.nasa.gov/gallery/photo/T-33A/HTML/E-14162.html

or even a Flight Systems T-33 is in it's "almost NASA" colors:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Flight-Systems-Inc./Canadair-CT-133-Silver/1504946/&sid=f089f0e003de312dd75d8d0824a14c6e

Have fun modeling!

Mike

:cheers:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I made some progress on this sheet, and would like to release it as one of the first Caracal Models releases in 2013. This sheet will have T-33s in the later ADC Grey standard scheme only. I have drawn the artwork for MA, FL, ND, OR and PA for the time being; but will add Texas and quite possibly a couple others to the sheet: the T-33 is small, and it will be possible to cover a lot of states on one sheet if I stick to the standard ADC Grey scheme. 1/48 first, 72nd later. Let me know if you have any suggestions for subjects to be added.

cd48032pdraft.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not ANG T-Birds - but the 95th Fighter Interceptor Training Squadron was the largest operational Squadron in Tactical Air Command - with more jets, pilots and flew more sorties that any other TAC outfit. The 95th has not been done in 1/32 or 1/48th scale. They worked very well with the F-106... and later the F-15's

50.jpg

48.jpg

51.jpg

• 5 months later...

As usual Kursad you sure do know the subjects to release, well at least I think so. I especially like the MA T-33 markings since I have an F-106 I would like to do in those markings. Should be a nice companion to that with a T-33. Luckily I still have a couple of HC T-33 kits in the stash.

• 2 weeks later...

These are the final drafts of the two ANG T-33 sheets that I will be releasing: first in 1/48, then in 1/72. I have not even assigned product numbers to these yet, and don't know when I will release them: for now, they are in the "reserve pool" of subjects to be released when a suitable opening comes. Definitely within the next 2-3 months though.

The first sheet will cover Florida, Massachusetts, Michigan and Pennsylvania ANG T-birds from the 1980s.

The second one will cover New Jersey, North Dakota (two variations of the same airplane), Oregon and Texas.

Like I mentioned, the idea is to allow you to build T-33s to go with the various ANG F-106,F-4 and F-101s from the same units. These are just final drafts, I will most likely do some color and layout corrections before print.

ang_t33_promo1.jpgang_t33_promo2.jpg