Sukhoi 25 trumpeter

P1060350.JPG

hi, this is my and my brothers second biuld since returning to the hobby, and the biggest model we'e undertaken but a plane that i love.

its going to be an out of the box build but with some sratch building, markings are yet to be decided.

P1060355.JPG

the cockpit was fairly accurate, lacking a small amount of detail never the less here it is.

P1060445.JPG

Credit to my brother for the cockpit, based on photos found on the internet.

P1060446.JPG

P1060452.JPG

Heres the front panel from the box.

P1060453.JPG

P1060458.JPG

P1060457.JPG

all hand painted with acrylics :)

The model only came with a transfer for the instruments. however it was no good laying it over the top so my brother flipped the transfer and rubbed it on the transfer sheet it came on to give it stick and then applied it to the back of the piece.

P1070774.JPG

The HUD has yet to be glued as it is inaccurate and may be scratch built later.

thanks

actually im pretty sure my cat has taken the clear parts, nav lights from my GR1! cant find them anywhere, ive ripped the place apart.

anyway one thing i can say for this model is its fusulage was an aweful fit

lots of rubber bands, cemment and squeezing

P1070788.JPG

P1070924.JPG

It added alot to the workload!

P1100932.JPG

now to sand this mess

P1100926.JPG

mould lines were also here the one thats being sanded but also on the engine cover coming from the leading edge root.

P1100943.JPG

and another on the bottom

P1100947.JPG

Edited by HOKUM52

P1060355.JPG

the cockpit was fairly accurate, lacking a small amount of detail never the less here it is.

P1060445.JPG

I always wondered why the kit came in such a big box, so now I know there is also a cat included in it. Is he/she added as a security measure in the box??? Well it would certainly surprise any kit hijacker when he/ or she opens the box expecting some plastic parts and there is a fairly angry cat in it too. :D :D :D :D :D

But seriously. Very nice looking cockpit, love the instrument panel. It is going to be a BIG ONE!

Just one note to anyone building the same thing in the future (and also to any Trumpeter executives). The Su-25 had a simplified and lighter version of the K-36DM ejection seat. It was / is called the K-36L and since it is intended for a subsonic aircraft several things have been taken from it which are visible on the kit too. Of these: it did not have the deflector plate (in front of the ejection handle), it did not have the two arms restrains devices on the sides of the seat. Also as far as I could tell from these photos the two tubes of the stabilization parachutes on the sides of the headrest should be at a 15 degree angle to the centreline of the seat and not almost parallel. It could be me based on these photos, then sorry if mistaken and Trump did add this angle right. It seems that for Trump only one Russian ejection seat exists and this is the K-36DM. :bandhead2::bandhead2: They even included it in the Tu-22M3 kit. :( :(

Best regards

Gabor

your right about the seat it was really difficult to get a pic of the seat in cockpit cause the photographers always go for the instruments, there might be something i can do, but i wont be closing the cockpit for a while so it will go on hold.

your also right about the cat, it was banging to get out when i took it off the top self of the shop, funny enough shes called scratch cause thats the only attention it gives us.

half a sheet of 320 and a day later :

P1100949.JPGP1100951.JPG

P1100964.JPGP1100989.JPG

heres up to date

P1100986.JPGP1100990.JPG

Edited by HOKUM52

Hey im getting ready for the painting stages but i really wanted to use Mr colour lacquer paints. unfortunatley living in the UK its difficult to get hold of these. Does anyone know where i can buy them other than on ebay from tiawan.

• 2 weeks later...

the front was a bit bland so my brother decided to do a little scratch building and using the detail set and some pictures as a reference he did this !

P1110006.JPGP1110025.JPG

P1110007.JPGP1110009.JPGP1110013.JPG

he used spare parts, lead wire, sandpaper soaking in water for a few hours and small bits of tape and some hard card.

this is before the primer coat

P1110059.JPGP1110060.JPG

for around the canopy i thinned tamiyas white putty a little more and then wiped excess with cottenbud dipped in thinner

P1110105.JPG like the top join the bottom was a mess to!

P1110115.JPG the stencils arrived today so it can finally be rescribed and made ready for painting

but meanwhile while we had to wait 6 days me and my brother set about detailing the gear. heres a taster! more later tonight.

P1110106.JPG

Edited by HOKUM52
  • 3 months later...