Sukhoi 25 trumpeter

thanks marcel and tiger for your enthusiasum!

just one week before me and my brother return to uni for exams. its gonna be a squeeze to get it finished

P1120311.JPG

P1120316.JPG

P1120318.JPG

the plan next is to fade the decals, future it again then ink, dull coat ...

Edited by HOKUM52

thanks youngtiger!

Thinking back i would say it was more white with just a dab of grey. the red was so vibrante that when i sprayed the 47 decal it turned pinky, convieniently the look i was after!

the stars got the same treatment however most of the body decals sprayed just with the thinned camo colour.

P1120398.JPG

P1120405.JPG

P1120413.JPG

• 1 month later...

After a long time away at uni me and my brother have returned and with some new stuff to finish the model off.

P1120419.JPG

P1120424.JPG

Got to be one of the best bits!

P1120425.JPG

Nice to see it after nearly one and a half years, still gleaming!

20130612_113910.jpg

There was something missing from the rangefinders screen so Some iridecsent material used giving it a realistic finish(it sucks in the post above). I discovered that trick after reading through other modelers threads. Thanks!

P1120482.JPG

The frame around the rangefinder screen was painted a pinky brown colour as was the edges of the canopy hence the use of that colour.

more on that in another post.

Edited by HOKUM52
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It has been a long time my friends. but me and my brother did finish this a long time ago just never got round to uploading these snaps.

I have a few more to upload with the full payload attached for later in the week.

We tried to rerplicate the angles used in the photos we've been using throughout unfortunatley i couldnt get the sky in the backround and agian, i dont own these but a link can be found in this thread that takes your to their source.

enjoy-- comments/ critisiums and tips please

thanks to all who have contributed ideas or their own builds which we took inspiration from :D/>/>/>

3+%25284%2529.JPG

20_may_bay_Su-25_chernigovka_giaoduc_net_vn.jpg

19_may_bay_Su-25_chernigovka_giaoduc_net_vn.jpg

P1120857.JPG

4.JPG

6_may_bay_Su-25_chernigovka_giaoduc_net_vn.jpg

3+%25287%2529.JPG

P1120845.JPG

Edited by HOKUM52
  • 1 month later...