Looking for A-7 ordnance loadout

Came up with more good stuff for A-7Es on Defenseimagery.mil. Google image search also turned up a lot. I do have a Wolfpak sheet with some interesting loads for an early A-7E late in Vietnam (confusing, innit?). Let me know if you want to know more on those.

Bottom line is you may need to wade through a lot of pix online to get what you're looking for. That's usually what I plan on, and the side trips often turn up even more interesting things!

The Osprey US Navy A-7 Corsair II Units of The Vietnam War book has a few nice pics of various loads including one with at least 8 Mk-83 1,000lb bombs, another with 16 Mk-82s (4 per MER on o/b and middle pylons) and another one with 4 Mk-52 mines.

Jari

Hajo-

I don't see many pix of Navy A-7s with bombs and tanks, but I'm hardly an expert on the subject. Might have trouble getting off the smaller boats with such a load, especially the early models with the weaker TF30s.

They carried tanks and bombs off the Coral Sea for Eagle Claw. I think it was only about six Mk20s per aircraft along with two wing tanks. The mission required a long loiter so I think they were very lightly loaded. They were supposed to be watching for Iranian missile boats.