North American FJ-1 Fury

This is the last of the new models that I have to roll out, because I haven't actually completed anything since early July. Weather and other distractions just seem to get in the way in the summertime.

In any case, this is the Siga/Ace kit. It is comparable to the Mauler, even perhaps a bit rougher. The decals are certainly less workable, and some literally crumbled or folded on themselves while soaking. I was able to save the large markings particular to the aircraft, but almost all of the stencilling was a loss. And there are no aftermarket sheets for the FJ-1 to take up the slack.

It will be interesting to compare this one to the Valom FJ-1 when it appears. I've got the FJ-4 in process now, and will get the FJ-2/3 when Special Hobby finally gets around to producing it.

This is completed model #409 (#34 for the year), completed in July of 2012. More details on the 72 Land blog, referenced below.

DSC_0517.jpg

DSC_0518.jpg