Crowe-T, the funny thing is, I haven't seen too many of these kits built. I only found three builds online, one wasn't accurized, one was never completed and the other was in some foreign language I couldn't read.

Falcon012, I glued both doors shut. I never found anything in the movies to support any detail behind the rear door, and althgough I considered scratching up manipulator arms for the front door, I just never got around to doing it.

Crowe-T, the funny thing is, I haven't seen too many of these kits built. I only found three builds online, one wasn't accurized, one was never completed and the other was in some foreign language I couldn't read.

I think it's because they're all ending up on ebay for $150 a kit. I have the '77 'Star Wars' boxing (with stickers, not decals) and even though the box is in rough shape, and some parts are out of the sealed bags, I'm sure it would fetch a good $60 on ebay. So I think people are simply hording them now. Maybe with Disney taking over the franchise, we might see some of these better kits released (I say better relative to the Revell stuff of late).

I think it's because they're all ending up on ebay for $150 a kit. I have the '77 'Star Wars' boxing (with stickers, not decals) and even though the box is in rough shape, and some parts are out of the sealed bags, I'm sure it would fetch a good $60 on ebay. So I think people are simply hording them now. Maybe with Disney taking over the franchise, we might see some of these better kits released (I say better relative to the Revell stuff of late).

Maybe they'll put them in the "Disney Vault" and re-release them every so often...only enhanced with new features. Seriously though, with Disney marketing, if they decide to get envolved in the plastic kit world I could see some great things ahead. Of course it may even cut into the cottage market companies that offer S.W. stuff. If you thought Lucas was protective with his trademarks...Disney makes him look like Mother Theresa giving away rights to anyone who asks. They went after a local daycare (with about 15 kids or so) for having a Mickey and Pluto mural in one of thier rooms. They had to paint over it.

Sorry, side tracked. Your R2 unit has set the bar for any future R2 builds. Keep up the great work.

Bill

Edited by niart17
  • 9 years later...