Welcome to the Living History Group Build

Hi, welcome to the Living History Group build.

So to start it should be said that this isn't quite like any other group build. The subject matter can be any ship, aircraft, or vehicle that you, a family member or close friend have a close connection to. What's a connection? IT could be a subject matter you or they served on, maintained, built, or even had a close encounter with... like if you were serving on the ground while this aircraft flew support overhead. Its a bit open ended and subjective, but really its to encourage more people to participate and share their stories.

In addition, its a requirement that you write at least a paragraph about your subject matter and the history behind it. That could be a bit about the individual's service history and how he, she or you came to be linked with the subject matter. The more the better, as the aim of this group build is just as much building as it is to hear the fascinating stories that are in yours and your friends' histories. If you have any questions, please ask in this thread.

Thank you for participating!

Richard,

Would a figure be acceptable? My recently deceased neighbor who I would like to honor here was a member of the 82nd Airborne at Normandy, Holland, Belgium, and Germany. I am not a figure modeler, but since the 82nd didn't really have vehicles, perhaps an airborne trooper would be acceptable.

Fellow mod here!

I'm excited for this gb to read the history and stories that many of us share. Most of what git us into modeling in the first place is due to either a family or personal connection to aircraft/armor/autos or what have you. I'm more interested in reading what everyone has to say and share than the models mostly. But thats not to say that the models that will come from the fruits of your labor and love won't be something to shout about either.

I really hope this takes off greatly and we can get some kind of subforum somewhere (general maybe) where all these stories can stay and constantly have new ones added. This goes far and beyond what a simple 6-12 month GB can attain.

Not sure if I'll actually get anything built or even started during this time. I may be able to get a commission B-17 build for my local air museum. My main aircraft I'd like to build is my grandfather's 17 he rode in during the Memmingen Germany mission the 483rd BG participated in July of 44. But I don't have the resources nor the skill yet to be able to pull that one off to the level I want to achieve.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Neu / 'hamm:

Almost finished my build. Will you be creating a finished build thread? Just curious.

Thanks.

Mike

Hey guys, you going to make a "Finished build" page?

A number of guys are done. The complete ones should be on one page.