1/48 Monogram B-17G problem

Hello all,

I recently bought a sealed Monogram 1/48 B-17G. On opening it, i have discovered that i have a duplicate sprue giving me two right wings, no left wing and i'm missing parts 18, 19, 20, 9L, 9R, 11R and 11L.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice on what to do?

Thanks

Dave

It's been quite some time since I had to get replacement parts from Revell but back then, they were really good about it so long as the kit is in current production.

Ken

• 3 weeks later...

Um ... just how long do they respond? When I posted mines here I simultaneously sent a "Parts Request" to Revell but got nothing, not even anything from the mail.

Am I missing something? What did I do wrong? Has anyone have any problems with their service?

Jack I've always had amazing service with Revell. I tend to get the replacement part within a week or two. Now Revell of Germany takes quite a bit longer. You used to be able to login on their website and it would give you updates on your replacement parts. But I don't see that option on there anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

Um ... just how long do they respond? When I posted mines here I simultaneously sent a "Parts Request" to Revell but got nothing, not even anything from the mail.

Am I missing something? What did I do wrong? Has anyone have any problems with their service?

I purchased a Revell 1/48th B17f Memphis Belle kit and after six months in the stash I decided to build it

[as you do] then I noticed the main pilots windscreen was missing! Shock and horror I contacted Revell.

Nearly three months later and over 10 emails they finally replied with no joy at all because the kit was

purchased six months ago and don't have a receipt nor' is there a so called quality control stamp in the

bottom of the box, Revell will not supply me the part because of this, so Revell can go screw themselves! :explode:

I purchased a Revell 1/48th B17f Memphis Belle kit and after six months in the stash I decided to build it

[as you do] then I noticed the main pilots windscreen was missing! Shock and horror I contacted Revell.

Nearly three months later and over 10 emails they finally replied with no joy at all because the kit was

purchased six months ago and don't have a receipt nor' is there a so called quality control stamp in the

bottom of the box, Revell will not supply me the part because of this, so Revell can go screw themselves! :explode:

That is odd I've never had any issues getting parts from them. Just got a windscreen for the P-61 last week. Total turn around was a week. I've had the kit for years.

Now Revell NA and Revell of Germany are both owned by Hobbico.

I too have had good replacement parts service in the past. I do hope that isn't gone, as suggested by this thread... :(

I wouldn't say it's gone! A couple of weeks ago I buggered up the windscreen on my 1/72 SR-71. I hopped on their web site and ordered the part. About a week later, the part was in my mail box. No complaints here at all!

Eric

I guess it just depends on kit availability. I've had very good luck, but alos, not so good luck. Tried getting a 1/48 F-89 canopy from them and though I tried both US and Revell-Germany, neither could come up with one. Luckily someone on another forum took pity on me and sent one my way. :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Update! From my first post until now I waited this long to get my missing decal sheet for my Apache and it arrived last night.

It took long but the sheet came in First-Class mail and in good shape so okay; wonder how long it takes for missing parts.