Eduard Mig-29 + some add ons

I am doing the Eduard boxing of the Academy kit. It has a resin cockpit. I am adding Brassin's wheels, R-27s and their exhausts. I will also add a Quickboost resin nose to the mix. I would like to paint it as a Czech plane painted in 2 tone brown and green with a gray underside.

All comments are welcome.

DSCF3050.jpg

DSCF3052.jpg

DSCF3054.jpg

the seat is 95% done. When I saw of the block of resin off the bottom and go to put it in the cockpit I will glue the other 2 pieces of PE.

Wayne

DSCF3072.jpg

DSCF3073.jpg

DSCF3074.jpg

DSCF3075.jpg

The IP is done. All PE. A pain to bend and glue and not lose parts. Now to finish the cockpit tub.

Wayne

Also painted the head rest on the ejection seat black after talking to Berkut. Thanks for the help.

DSCF3089-1.jpg

DSCF3088.jpg

The IP looks excellent, and the color is actually not too bad (Eduard is usually hit or miss in this). A bit blue it seems, but it will be ok buried in the pit.

I have a feeling you will finish yours before i finish mine in 1/72. :woot.gif: Anyway, glad to help. :thumbsup:

Cockpit has been glued into the upper forward fuselage piece. I am also working on one of the exhausts. They are made by Brassin, an Eduard company. Nice stuff.

Wayne

DSCF3096.jpg

First ring of the afterburner

DSCF3093.jpg

second ring of the burner, not going to paint them.

DSCF3098.jpg

Edited by Quiddy

Thanks,

The fit around with the bottom of the front part of the fuselage isn't the greatest but workable. I wanted to test fit the Quickboost nose and it looks good. A little bit of sanding around the joint between the resin and plastic and it will look great, I think.

Wayne

DSCF3099.jpg

DSCF3102.jpg

DSCF3103.jpg

DSCF3104.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I have the front fuselage all sanded and the resin nose added. A little more sanding was needed to make the nose conform with the fuselage but all together it was a good fit. Now I just need to re-do some panel lines. I have two new goodies to add to the collection for the kit. First one is the intake covers from Quickboost as well as their pitot tube. No I am not adding up the price of this kit after it is built. :bandhead2:

I have been test fitting the forward fuselage to the back and there is quite the step between the two behind the cockpit. I have added some shims to the top of the intakes to lift the forward piece up to cut the step down a bit. When I do attach the to pieces together I won't have as hard a time to line them up.

thanks for the comments as all are welcome.

Wayne

DSCF3234.jpg

DSCF3236.jpg

Well the pit, is looking good for painted PE. Im sorry, Im just not into pre-painted PE, it just takes the joy of painting the pit, IP, bangseat and all the swearing, stripping and redoing.....lol! It does look great. Cant wait for the next update!

Well the pit, is looking good for painted PE. Im sorry, Im just not into pre-painted PE, it just takes the joy of painting the pit, IP, bangseat and all the swearing, stripping and redoing.....lol! It does look great. Cant wait for the next update!

I am not a big fan of PE painted or plain, but it came with the kit so.... I like resin, I like the challenge of painting and weathering it. The only challenge I see with PE is not losing it. I have made up some new swear words myself using PE.

Wayne

I glue the two major pieces of the fuselage together, and as usual the fit was not the best. I am using superglue as filler since I want to re-scribe the lost panel lines. I also bought Quickboost's engine intake covers as well as their Mig-29 pitot tube.

Thanks for looking.

Wayne Beattie

DSCF3241.jpg

DSCF3237.jpg

DSCF3238.jpg

DSCF3239.jpg

DSCF3240.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have had some progress made on this beast. Cockpit 85% complete. Need to wait till canopies are ready to call it complete. Put the wings on. Need to fill the gap underneath. Lost the air scoop on the back of the fuselage. I don't know a piece that large can disappear while I was able to find smaller pieces that I dropped. I had a Quickboost set of scoops for the Su-22 so I took one from that that looked close to what was supposed to be there. Sorry any experts that read this.

thanks,

Wayne

DSCF3260_zps8ee8cfae.jpg

DSCF3261_zps06fecb64.jpg

DSCF3262_zps4d430284.jpg

It's really a treat to see 2 Mig's on the forum, your doing some great work Quiddy, especially the cockpit, something I need to pay close attention to (smiles). Keep up the great work your doing.

Tonal :coolio:

Edited by tonal

Hi Wayne, looking good so far. I am also working on the same build, and it's nice to compare notes with you...

Your seat came out looking very good, it's almost a kit itself, with so much detail.

Curious to see what paint scheme and decal choices you will make.

Keep it up!