Phantom assortment

I really like the "adidas-phantom"!! I also remember that ESCI kit from my youth! YOu can get a nice F-4 but it requires work, patience and a few AM parts.

BUT...you mentioned Twobobs for the decals, I think they are not available anymore. it was just a limited edition for the NATS one/two/three years ago. So no chance to get it anymore.

Maybe someone don't like to build the white-black striped F-4? And sell the decals for that version????? *hint-hint* :wub:

I was born in the wrong timeframe - would love to see multiple F-4s flying - nice job!

sadly, me too... i would have love to hear that noise! i'm quite happy to have this, over my head, when sat at my work bench.

I really like the "adidas-phantom"!! I also remember that ESCI kit from my youth! YOu can get a nice F-4 but it requires work, patience and a few AM parts.

BUT...you mentioned Twobobs for the decals, I think they are not available anymore. it was just a limited edition for the NATS one/two/three years ago. So no chance to get it anymore.

Maybe someone don't like to build the white-black striped F-4? And sell the decals for that version????? *hint-hint* wub.gif

my passion for Phantom started when i first see the ESCI boxart of the "Adidas" F-4 Phantom MiG Killer... i was 9 years old then, iirc... i did one, a few years back (and shown earlier in this thread)

thank you both, guys, for your comments!

and now

monogram F-4j, with superscale decals (which are wrong... but discovered it while applying decals) some resin bits from SteelBeach.

also done for the Phantom Addict Anonymous GB!

DSCN5562_zpsb5341d56.jpg

DSCN5566_zps37784e29.jpg

DSCN5567_zpsd3feedd6.jpg

DSCN5570_zps3872b88a.jpg

DSCN5571_zpsc26504a7.jpg

Edited by mingwin

this one is the Hasegawa 1/48 F-4EJ 8th Sq. Special "black panthers"

also done for the purpose of the Phantom Addict Anonymous Group build.

it's the build i'm the most proud of yet!

i used the Wolfpack Design resin update set, that provide a correct nosecone and instrument panels. Aires cans, quickboost seats, hypersonic models stabs, eduard brassin wheels, master metal pitots and Rhino's seamless intakes.

DSCN5593_zpsf7d6103f.jpg

DSCN5594_zps3c230682.jpg

DSCN5595_zps81ad4557.jpg

and now the Blue Angels 1969 F-4J

the kit is the Hasegawa F-4J, with most bumps and antennas removed...

the blue color if Alclad "true blue"

DSCN5616_zps2c0bffbd.jpg

DSCN5617_zps984cc81a.jpg

DSCN5618_zpse2a5ffc7.jpg

DSCN5619_zpsce7bba2f.jpg

DSCN5620_zps9c754ffd.jpg

DSCN5622_zpsc216bedc.jpg

sometime, the color looks odd on photo (mostly when the flash is involved) ...but it looks really nice "in person"biggrin.gif

this one is also of my pride...

for years i'd wish to get, and do, that one!

it's the Thunderbird F-4E from hasegawa.

DSCN5668_zpsbd375acb.jpg

DSCN5670_zps2ee6b7b5.jpg

DSCN5671_zps468f9659.jpg

i didn't use the red decals from the decal sheet, as it was too dark... but i use them as template for my masking task.